Chapter 23

"Why did you help me make up for it? Isn't Aunt Lu free?" Huo Ao asked unintentionally.

"My mother was very busy yesterday, and I happened to have nothing to do, so I helped you make up for it."

Ruan Yimian felt a little uncomfortable and changed his subject: "Brother Huo, why did you come back so late today? I went to look for you in the afternoon, but you weren't there."

He spoke slowly and in a gentle voice, but at the end of his words, there was a hint of anger unknowingly.

Huo Aowu felt numb in his heart. Unlike his coldness in front of others, his tone became much softer: "It took me a while to write to my colleague."

"Then have you had lunch?" Ruan Yimian asked with concern.

"I ate two steamed buns."

"How can that happen? You must not be full. Come back with me and I will cook for you!"

Brother Huo eats three bowls of rice at a meal and two steamed buns at noon. After an afternoon, he is probably hungry.

"I still have the dried potatoes that Aunt Lu gave me at home. I'll just go back and eat a few pieces of dried potatoes." It was getting late now, so Huo Aowu had the nerve to torment him again.

Ruan Yimian was a little anxious: "No, if you don't take your body seriously, you will get sick over time!"

How could this man fool his body like this? After he finished speaking, he took a step forward, grabbed Huo Aowu's clothes and dragged him towards his home. But with his little strength, how could he pull Huo Aowu away?

He pulled hard and failed to pull Huo Aowu away. He stumbled and fell into Huo Aowu's arms.

Huo Aowu was stunned by the soft body that was knocked into his arms. He supported the little brother in his arms like a reflex. After he came to his senses, a wave of warmth surged on his face, and he didn't even know where to go with his hands. Where to put it.

"Be careful." Huo Aowu's voice was hoarse. He didn't know how much perseverance he used to barely restrain himself and not hug the person in his arms tightly.

Ruan Yimian straightened up in a panic and withdrew from his brother Huo's arms. He was embarrassed and annoyed: "You still don't want to go back with me?!"

How dare Huo Aowu not listen to him now, he nodded repeatedly: "Okay, I'll go back with you."

Ruan Yimian walked in front angrily and took his brother Huo back.

He went to deliver clothes so late and actually brought someone back. Both Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian were a little puzzled.

"Aowu is here, have you eaten?" Lu Caimei greeted.

Before Huo Aowu could speak, Ruan Yimian answered for him: "Brother Huo only ate two steamed buns at noon. I'm going to cook for him now."

No wonder they brought people back so late!

I don't know if the two people had a quarrel yesterday. Huo Aowu's expression was a bit off when he left. I don't know if they have talked about it now. Lu Caimei looked at the two of them carefully, but she didn't see anything.

No matter what, we still need to get along with each other more.

"You talk to your brother Huo, I'll go!" Lu Caimei winked at her man as she walked into the kitchen.

Ruan Dexian coughed lightly and followed him to the kitchen.

Lu Caimei cooked a large bowl of sweet potato noodles for Huo Aowu, and used the remaining half of the bowl of chicken and wild mushrooms from their lunch as toppings. The steaming bowl of sweet potato noodles made Huo Aowu sweat slightly on the tip of his nose.