05:00

Osbourne.

"He's infuriating," I slumped my bag onto my back, grabbing the rest of my belongings from out of the trailer, my dad holding the door open for me.

He laughs as I walk ahead, "I mean you were in the points on your first race darling, focus on that," he slings his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him as we weave in and out of the crowd to get to the paddock gates.

P10.

That was better than Jack for sure, I still secured a point on my first race, but it wasn't what I had hoped for myself.

Madeline seemed merely impressed when she saw Jack and I battling it out after the race, shoving the two of us and then giving us both a hard grilling in back at the trailers.

"Don't focus on Jack, zone in on yourself," he shakes me slightly as I reach to tap my badge onto the paddock gates, looking back for a brief moment when I hear someone calling my name.

"Osbourne! Wait up!"

Bailey.

"Hey Bailey, congrats on your win," I gave him a small smile, raising my hand to tap my badge.

"Thank you," he said, scratching the back of his neck as he looked down for a moment, "look, there's a thing on this evening, all the drivers are going if you want to come?" he asks me, rocking back on his feet like a child.

I narrow my eyes at him, "like a party?"

He nods his head and I nod mine slowly – this was a bad idea, I knew it the second I found out he was Ferrari driver. I had watched Madeline and Charles story, many times, enough to know that Bailey was the last person I should be getting involved with.

"Dress code?"

"Black tie."

"Send me the details, I'll be there." I tap my badge, leaving him in the paddock as I catch up with my dad who was already half way across the parking lot towards the mini bus.

I didn't own a dress fancy enough for a black tie event, how was I supposed to know what to say or how to act?

I pull my phone out my pocket as I get into the mini van, my dad closing the door behind me as I clicked my seat belt in.

Maddy: SOS

Miss Scott: what.

Maddy: what do you wear to a black-tie event?

Miss Scott: hotel room 509.

I knocked on the door three times, waiting with my hands locked behind my back, not knowing who was going to be on the other side of the room, maybe it was her room?

"Ah, you must be Maddy Osbourne, Madeline told me you'd be coming," she smiles, "come in," the lady said as she opened the door, light brown hair was sat perfectly on the top of her head.

She was wearing a Ferrari top.

I walked into the room, nodding my head as I looked at the bed, an iPad and Macbook were open with different articles about Bailey's win.

"My name is Amanda, I used to work for Madeline when she drove in Ferrari and Mercedes." She said as she opened the suitcase by her bed, not looking back at me as I stood in the centre of the room, wondering if I should say something.

"Now I hear you're going to a black-tie event, have you been to one before?" she asks me, peering over her glasses at me as she looks me up and down.

I shake my head, feeling like I was about to be playing Barbie and she was going to dress me in some rediclous clothes.