chapter 15 You Mean That Much

Start from the beginning

He couldn't sleep his mind was on what Chase had suggested. Break up with Wynter. It was tearing him apart. They were just rebuilding their relationship and now Ieshia was ruining his chance to make it work. His cell phone beeped to let him know he had just received a message.

A message from Selena surprised he read it. Need to see you ASAP. Rising from the bed trying not to wake Wynter he walked into the bathroom to return the text.

Tonio: What's up?

Selen:I need a favor.

Great now another problem.

Tonio: I'm in New York.

Selena: Me too. I need money Tonio

Tonio: I'm not the bank.

Selena: No you're not you're my friend.

Tonio: Meet me at I am Coffee at Ninth Street Marks Place.

Selena: Okay.

Tonio turned on the shower Ieshia now Selena. One problem after the next. He dressed in running clothes it was seven in the morning he could just jog to the coffee shop.

She woke to an empty bed. Sitting up she looked around the room no sign of Tonio not even a note. Rising from the bed she pulled one of his shirts from his bag and opened the door of the room. The only person was a guard reading a paper with a cup of coffee. He smiled. " Good morning Ms. Layton."

"Good morning do you know where Mr. Rodriguez is?"Wynter asked looking around the suite hoping that Tonio was close.

"Oh he went for a run." The man looked at her quizzically.

"He didn't want to wake you?"

"Oh." She tried to hide her disappointment. She turned heading back to the room.

"He said he wouldn't be that long."

"Okay. Thanks." No note or good bye kiss he just left.

He entered the coffee shop looking around he was happy to find that there was very few customers. He spotted Selena sitting at a corner table in the back. She smiled as she noticed him walking toward her. "Thanks for coming Tonio. I wouldn't ask if I didn't need it."

Selena hadn't changed still beautiful and still needy.

"How much?"It was obvious that she wanted much more than money. The dress she wore barley covered her breast and ass.

"Two thousand."

"This is it and how did you know I was in New York."

"A little birdy told me." She had a wick grin and he had a bad feeling.

He didn't care for the little birdy reply letting it go he wrote out the check and passed it to her.

Thanks Tonio. He stood up and she rose from her seat and came around kissing him on the lips.

"Thanks papi I knew I could count on you."

Wynter was eating breakfast when Tonio came back to the suite. He came over to her and kissed her on the lips and grabbed her toast from her plate. " Why didn't you wake me I would have went for a run with you."

" I didn't have the heart to wake you were sleeping so soundly."

"Next time wake me I like to test your speed." She felt that something wasn't quite right the moment he entered the suite. She just couldn't put her finger on it." I'm going to take a shower."

She was watching the morning news when Tonio came out dressed in black jeans and a fitted black tee that hugged his muscular body. Chase was sitting reading the paper. He sat next to her on the couch "I have a commercial to shoot this afternoon. After Im done we can go out if you like." She was about to answer when his name was mentioned. We got this footage from a fan of Antonio Rodriguez he was caught with a very pretty lady this morning getting a kiss. Wynter felt as if her whole word had just exploded it was Shannon betrayal all over again. " Wynter I can explain." She stood up. She wasn't going to cry not in front of him. He reached for her. She held up her hands backing away "Don't you touch me." She gave him a cold look. "That was Selena right?"

"Yes." He answered without hesitation

"You fucking liar." Tonio was hurt at her words he looked over at Chase reading his lips. End it now. He took a deep breath not wanting to hurt her more and he hoped after everything was over she would forgive him and they could start again.

"Wynter she needed me and I had to go to her."

"And what about me. I thought we were building something. I took a leap of faith."

"I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression. I was just doing your brother a favor."

"No!No! You can't do this to me again." She pushed him than she slapped him. He deserved it. Chase came over to stand between them. "It was nice while it lasted but I have to get back to reality." She gave him a blank defeated look as she walked into the room slamming the door

Tonio looked at Chase. " You satisfied."

"You had to man. This how we keep her safe."

The door to the room opened back up. Wynter had her carry on suit case and handbag and was walking to the door he held high. How would he make it without her.

"Chase can take you to the airport."

"I don't need your charity. I'll get a taxi."

"Chase follow her." He felt empty and totally helpless. He walked into the empty bedroom closing the door. Her smell was everywhere and it was freaking him out. She wouldn't forgive him this time. He looked in the mirror he didn't like the man looking at him. He punched it. His blood mingled in with the cracked glass. The pain in his hand didn't stop the pain in his heart. She was gone.