04; Sweet Concern

How majestic is the work of Your hands, Oh, the Author of our lives, El-Elohim!
The most beautiful of them are the eyes of my beloved which have swallowed numerous galaxies
—H

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Her

The booming slam of the door makes her heart shiver in terror as she leaves everything that is in her hands and rushes to catch who treated the poor object this way.

A shiver runs down her spine when her wide eyes spot the man of her dreams standing right in front of her. Although he's so familiar to her; can never be unknown to her soul, she can't recognize the look in his eyes that screams rage and her soul trembles at the anguish it brings forth.

The atmosphere is underpinned by the man's grace within the walls and the air turns heavy because of the intimidation he releases through his aura.

"Adam?" She almost whispers out of terror that has her seized yet she can't act pathetic.

"Why did you do that?" He grits out each word with such intensity that in a second, she catches the meaning.

"A-Adam, I-I can explain..." She steps ahead to speak further when he shakes his head in denial. He is in no mood to listen to her even though he was the one who questioned.

"You better not make any excuses." Eyes ablaze like the magma wanting to rise above the surface and the look in them is sizzling to her soul as he pins her right in her place, warning her not to come closer or she'll be burned to the core.

And her very soul shivers at that look. Adam has never been this angry as well as hurt. Yeah, the painful melancholy is still there in his eyes but the rage has overpowered everything.

She is afraid of even moving her tongue before him and her heart palpitates like it will burst into pieces if he continues to look at her with accusation in his eyes. His eyes condemn her like a murderer standing behind the dock.

"You hid all this from me!" He says the obvious, "How could you?" As he asks the question laced with hurt that only he can feel and the One who lives inside him, her breath gets stuck in her throat. He almost begged with such anguish that tears brimmed her eyes.

"How could you lie to me?"

"I'm sorry..." Her voice is audible only to herself but he catches the syncing of her lips and shakes his head like mocking her sorry.

Does she even know how badly it hurts? She has no idea how much he is bearing after losing his heart and standing in front of her with a hollow chest. His ribs are broken, blood gushing out and he will die if he continues to stand before her because to him, at this time, she is none other than the one who has tortured him to this point.

"You're not." The smile that spreads on his lips is scornful, an acid poured upon her quivering heart.

"Adam, please, trust me—"

"Trust you?" Her lips fall shut as he mocks her again. "I did, and what did I receive? A betrayal?" She can't make herself speak after what she has been hearing. He is right. Somewhere she, too, knows she has betrayed his trust.

Adam scoffs at her silence. "You've lost it." And with that said, he turns to leave.

Getting caught by the sudden rush of vulnerability, she stumbles ahead to stop him even though she has lost every right to.

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Adam doesn't stop, in her mind; in her memory. But surely in the real world, he has no other way than to stoop beside her and worry about her.