||15. Anxiety or Intuition||

Kavya

Life has its own ways.

Ma used to tell me that everybody comes with their destiny written. Their struggles and their powers are always given. It's on them on how they use it.

I still don't understand why it has to be me? I was always being true to my principles.

All I wanted was honesty.
All I wanted was transparency.
All I wanted was love.

The papers in my hand, and the sympathetic look of Vaishu made me want to gorge my own eyes out and then rip my heart out.

I hate sympathy!

I used to think I am not helpless for people to give me a look like that, but at this very moment, I never felt so helpless before.

The man I loved...lied to me.

He manipulated me.

He never loved me.

He lied.

He. Fucking. Lied.

He lied.
He lied to me.

I looked down at my mehendi stained hands with green bangles. It made me furious. They were supposed to be a symbol of a happy bride!

In anger, I removed them and threw them in the mirror in front of me. The loud noise synced so well with my sobs, it made Vaishu flinch.

It's amusing how even I could be fooled.

"Kavya...please calm down." Vaishu's voice trembled, it made me chuckle.

Aaahhhhhhhhhh, life.
Shit happens na.
It's okay right?

It's okay to break mirrors just like how it's okay to break people.

It was written in bold infront of me.

Adhrit Joshi age 14 killed his Father age 40, and ran away and never returned.
Signed by a local neighbour.

I need to be alone.

"Leave."

"But Kavu, you're not okay-"

"Fucking leave."

I could hear the clock tick second by second, reminding me of how fucked my life is.

She gulped and hesitant but surely, walked out, leaving me with my own fate.

Adhrit

"So just give us our money and we will go, Jiju!" All Kavya's cousins giggled and I couldn't help but feel restless with every moment.

I wanted to see my Kavya. My wife.

We were announced to be married exactly thirty minutes ago, and I haven't seen her since.

These people have made me play treasure hunts all over the place and right now, I finally found the room she's in.

But they won't let me go inside.