.𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

As the evening descended, Rhea had orchestrated a plan to book an amusement park for the evening because tomorrow was Nina's birthday, and she knew Nina had a soft spot for all things thrilling and adventurous. The group was all set for the evening filled with roller coasters, cotton candy, and games.

The group of friends left the house, piling into their respective cars and setting off for the amusement park. In one car, Rhea, Kai, Damien, and Evie rode together. The guys were in the front seat with Kai on the wheel and the girls were seated in the back.

The guys and Rhea chatted amiably, while Evie gazed out of the window, her thoughts drifting.

Kai, meeting the Princess for the first time, turned to her, addressing her with a respectful tone, "Your Royal Highness, I must admit this is the first time I've had the pleasure of being in the company of royalty. I'm curious, what's it like to live such a unique life?"

Evangeline, accustomed to such formalities, responded with a warm smile, "It has its moments, both grand and not so grand, I assure you." Her tone was friendly.

As the car neared the amusement park, Kai decided to keep the mood light and playfully teased Evangeline, "Has my boss, Damien been giving you a hard time? He looks quite formidable upfront." He grinned mischievously, raising an eyebrow.

Damien pointed a glare in Kai's direction, a silent warning not to tread too closely to certain subjects.

In the back seat, Rhea couldn't help but interject with her own sense of humor. "I'm sure it's the other way around, Kai. I've known Evie long enough to know she's the one who keeps him on his toes."

Her playful comment earned her a disapproving glare from Evangeline, who didn't want the focus on her and Damien's dynamics.

Kai flashed a mischievous grin. "I must say, I'm quite grateful you're around to keep Damien Whitmore on his toes. The man needs a bit of a royal challenge in his life, wouldn't you say?"

Kai's comment stirred up a mix of reactions in the car. Evangeline chuckled lightly, appreciating the light-hearted joke. Damien, on the other hand, sent Kai an eye that could only be described as a gentle yet firm warning. Rhea along with Kai loved the conversation.

With his witty nature, Kai couldn't resist the temptation to tease further. He turned to Evangeline, his tone playfully sarcastic. "Your Royal Highness, you really shouldn't worry about Damien though. He might look like he could kill anyone, but in reality, he's as sweet as—"

Before Kai could complete his sentence, Damien extended his arm and lightly, yet firmly, tapped Kai on the head, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Careful, Blackwood," he warned with a smirk, "you don't want to finish that sentence."

As the group arrived at the amusement park, excitement filled the air. Evangeline and Rhea couldn't wait to greet everyone and explain the plan for the evening, so they quickly headed to the entrance to meet their friends.