.𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world -"

𝑶𝒉, 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒕, 𝑶𝒉, 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒕.

Evie fumbled to silence the blaring ringtone, desperately trying to salvage her dignity. All eyes were on her. The guy standing in front of her smirked, clearly amused by the embarrassing ringtone.

𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑹𝒉𝒆𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

Evie's mind raced with thoughts of how her friend would pay for this later.

"Hey, Mom, I know I'm late, got caught up in a never-ending line at the coffee shop."

She could almost imagine her mother's disapproving tone on the other end of the line. "Why'd you wait in a line, Honey? You're a princess."

Evie chuckled nervously, feeling the weight of everyone's gaze upon her. "Yeah, apparently everyone here believes I'm a Barbie. Maybe I should've worn my crown today."

The stranger in front of her couldn't help but smirk, finding amusement in the situation. "Well, Barbie or not, at least it's an unforgettable entrance. Can't say I've ever witnessed someone with a catchy ringtone like that."

Standing at an impressive height, and dressed in a stylish yet casual manner, the stranger appeared harmless to Evie. Her initial embarrassment started to fade as his teasing tone eased the tension, and she found herself laughing along.

Just as she was about to respond, the stranger interrupted with a mischievous grin. "You know, Barbie, you shouldn't have to wait in line like the rest of us commoners. You deserve VIP treatment."

Muffled laughter came from her phone as her mother must have overheard the comment. Evie raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the stranger's audacity.

"And how would you suggest I achieve that, Mr. Stranger? Should I just wave my imaginary wand and magically skip to the front?"

"Well, Barbie, if I were you, I'd use my connections. Call your personal assistant or something. Oh, wait, you don't have one, do you?"

They walked a bit closer to the counter, now fifth in line to order. He carried a laptop bag in one hand and fidgeted with his phone in the other.

"Darling, You know I've been telling you to hire one." Her mother's voice chimed in, unable to resist joining the conversation.