The Beach Episode

Începe de la început

"And now we finally get to do that," Kaede says. Optimus hums and leans over to kiss Kaede, capturing his lips in a soft kiss that has Kaede's heart fluttering. He pulls away before leaning his head against theirs. When they finish, Kaede makes his way to go tell Chrys, Jazz possibly already having told Wendy. He enters the lab, seeing Chrys working on something as always, blasting music. Perceptor, Brainstorm and Wheeljack are off working on their own projects, either yelling at each other or whatever chaotic shenanigans they get up to.

Kaede waves his hands to get Chrys' attention, turning the music down.

"What's up," Chrys asks, goggles still on her face as she looks up at him.

"We got a mandatory beach day tomorrow," Kaede says. She pushes up her goggles this time.

"Sorry, can you repeat that - a mandatory... beach day?" Chrys asks. Kaede sighs and nods.

"Higher ups want us off base and thought it'd be a good idea to do that and relax, just for a day." Chrys made a face.

"And it has to be tomorrow?"

"Your projects can wait one day, Chrys," Kaede says, picking up one of her blueprints set out on the table. "It'll be good for you! You've been working nonstop lately, you need a break."

"Percy and Brainstorm's been giving us new tech to try out! I'm tryin to see if I can make power generators that give off no energy readings."

"It can wait," Kaede cuts in. "We're leaving at 3am. Which is why I'm telling you now to go to bed early," he says. The clock above reads 9pm.

"That's when I go to bed."

"Exactly." He then cups his hands around his mouth. "Yo, geek squad!" Kaede calls out towards the bots. They turn to face him. "We're leaving at 0330 tomorrow for a mandatory beach day, make sure she gets to bed before 11, which means you all need to recharge as well so we can leave on time!" Brainstorm gives a thumbs up. He then turns off the worklight at Chrys' table and sticks his tongue out. "Go to bed, now, preferably," he says.

"Geek Squad?" Perceptor then asks aside to Brainstorm. "That's a new one."

"Fine!" Chrys sighs, picking up her phone. Kaede walks Chrys back to her apartment before walking off back to his apartment.

The next day comes, Kaede waking up in Optimus' arms as the alarm goes off. 3am. Which is when everyone would be leaving for their long four hour drive to the beach. Optimus kisses Kaede's forehead as he wakes, the two getting out. Optimus' holoform disappears as Kaede quickly gets ready, stuffing his swimsuit, sunscreen, towel and a change of clothes into his bag.

Optimus is ready to go, the first one near the entrance. Chrys and Wendy both look tired, clambering into Lennox' van, having opted to use his actual car for the trip. They all drive out, making their way down to San Francisco.

"You recharge well?" Kaede asks. Optimus hums.

"I had you in my arms so yes," he replies. Kaede punches Optimus' holoform in the arm, smiling. Optimus grins at him.

"You're so cheesy sometimes," Kaede huffs. He watches the dark road, the sun yet to rise. Their eyes already feel heavy and they sigh. "I'm gonna fall asleep if we don't talk or something."

"How about some music?" Optimus suggests.

"I've been wondering what kind music you listen to," Kaede hums. Optimus' radio then comes to life, Beach Boys beginning to play. "Kim used to listen to these guys."

"Who'd you think introduced them to me?" Optimus smiles, glancing at him. As they listen to the entirety of Beach Boys alongside Steely Dan and Bruce Springsteen, they watch the sun rise and continue to drive down until they finally reach the beach at 8am. The summer breeze blowing through as they drive with the windows open.