They had avoided each other at all costs. Estrella staying away from JJ's job and, unfortunately for her, the beach since she knew he surfed to clear his mind. JJ stayed away from anywhere that Estrella or her mom could show up. Not wanting to risk coming in contact with either of them.

The pogues had presumably fallen apart. Pope being the only one to try and hold them together. Knowing that when everything cleared up, they would all regret not reaching out.

So, to try and bring everyone together, Pope told everyone to meet up at the Château.

______________________________________

JJ, Kiara, Estrella, and Pope stood around the big tree in the yard of the Château. Pope using an axe to cut part of the tree bark off so JJ could burn John B's name into the tree.

Pope backed up setting the axe down as JJ burned the words into the tree.

2003 2020
John B Routledge
P4L

Pope stood beside Estrella who had her hands in her jacket pockets as tears filled her eyes. Kiara standing on the other side with a box of different items that belonged to John B and the other three teens.

JJ set the crowbar down as Kiara steps closer to Pope. JJ standing beside her as he picks up his flask.

He holds it out, "To John B."

"And to Sarah." Kiara says weakly as she turns to him. JJ keeps his eyes on the tree. She turns toward Pope and Estrella, but only Pope looks back at her.

Pope turns to Estrella just as a tear falls from her eye. She looks down at the grass as Pope holds his beer up. He and JJ take a sip as Kiara sniffles.

She then gets down and sets the box into the hole they dug into the ground by the tree. Pope gets down beside her to help her bury it. Estrella bends down and grabs the flowers they picked out before getting down beside Pope to set the flowers on top of the box. JJ squatting down beside Kiara as they all push the dirt on top of the box.

Estrella tucks her hair behind her ear before wiping her cheeks of the tears that fell. Letting out a deep breath before standing up. Pope standing up as well and rubbing her shoulder.

She tries to produce a small smile in return. The boy immediately brings her into a hug which she wastes no time in returning.

______________________________________

After the memorial they had for John B, they all managed to sit together in the backyard. Pope and Kie sharing the hammock as JJ sat on a hanging tree branch and Estrella sat in one of John B's old chairs. It was dark out now as the sun had set about an hour ago.

It was now just barely bright enough for them to be able to see each other. Estrella's phone vibrates in her pocket breaking the silence that had settled over them.

She pulls it out and realizes it's a text from her mom. She stands up slowly, "Um, I've gotta go. My mom needs me home."

Pope sits up, "Yeah, no worries. You want me to walk you home ?"

"No, it's okay." She shakes her head, "I'll see you guys later."

Pope nods as Estrella turns around and makes her way toward the road. She misses how JJ's eyes follow her before falling back down to his hands. Kiara gets up startling Pope.

"Where are you going ?" Pope says

"I'll be just a second." She says quickly before following Estrella. She jogs slightly to catch up to the girl.