By the way Ainne hot chocolate bana de na please.

Aiman said giving Annie the best pleading look she could.

Drama queen. Iske liye aise aayi tum?

Ainne asked, her laced with disbelief.

Aiman pouted making Annie laugh.

Acha jao bana ker lati hoon tum donon, sorry teeno ke liye.

Annie said after controlling her laugh.

Hum teenon ke liye?

Aiman asked confused.

Haan tumhare, Rumi aur Hamza ke liye warna pata chale teeno phir lad rahe ho hot chocolate ke liye.

Annie said chuckling softly.

Aiman made a bad face but nodded nevertheless.

Okay jaldi lana.

Aiman said before dashing out of the room.

Ainne chuckled at Aiman,s antics and walked towards the kitchen to make hot chocolate.

She was making hot chocolate for herself, Aiman and Hamza. She remembered how Fakhir used to come to her with hot chocolate when she used to cry late at night being vulnerable. He used to hug her, rub her back, caress her hair, whisper sweet nothings in her ears. There used to be no judgement just acceptance in his eyes. How she used to tell him anything and everything and he used to listen to her. How she used to soothe him out in her moments of distress. How he used to come to her with flashlight in his hand during the power cuts and stay by her side.

she looked at the clock it was 11:55 pm. She hurriedly poured the hot chocolate in the mugs.

Ainne hot chocolate ready hain kya?

Aiman asked entering inside the kitchen. Annie nodded her head in positive.

Haan ready hai. Yeh lo aur Hamza ke paas jao. Main aati hoon.

Annie said hurrying outside the kitchen leaving a stunned Aiman behind.

On The Other Side!!!

Fakhir sat in front of his study table and opened his genrel. He penned something down and closed it taking a heavy breathe and leaned back on the chair.

Thodi jagah de de Mujhe
Tere paas kahin reh jaun main
Khamoshiyan teri sunun aur door kahin na jaun main
Apni Khushi de ke main tujhe
Tere dard se jud jaun main...

Fakhir stopped singing feeling a lump raising in her throat.

The imagines of Ainne,s smiling face flashed across his mind causing his lips to curve into a beautiful smile. Her laughter rang in his ears causing a chuckle to escape his lips before he started singing again.

Mila jo tu yahan mujhe
Dilaun main yakeen tujhe
Rahun ho ke tera sada bas itna chahata hoon main...

The memories of a 4 years old Annie running behind a 6 years old Fakhir who was teasing her by taking her chocolate played in front of his eyes as he sung, his voice filled with the deepest of longing he never expressed in front of anyone

Thodi jagah de de Mujhe
Tere paas kahin reh jaun main
Khamoshiyan teri sunun aur door kahin na jaun main.

Fakhir looked at the clock, his eyes counting down seconds and he held his phone in his hand.

Hoon besahara tere bina mein
Tu jo na ho toh main bhi nahin

The phone rang and his heart raced seeing the caller id. He stood up and picked up the call. His heart was beating loudly against his chest as he placed his phone in between his ear and shoulder.