⁶¹. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑛

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Hey, new girl?" Rhodey called her attention, crossing his arms defensively. "Everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe," Carol answered, trying to ignore the defensive tone. "And unfortunately, I didn't stay behind like someone else did."

(Y/N) could feel Carol's eyes trained on her as she said those words, along with her other friends' raised eyebrows. Rhodey turned to her with a questioning glance, to which she only responded with a shrug of her shoulders and a smile, silently enjoying these interactions.

Thor, who had been silent the entire time throughout the conversation, finally stood up from his chair. Carol turned around at the sound of his footsteps approaching and lifted her head to lock eyes with him, challenging him without words. Thor had the same look in his eyes as he extended his hand in the air, calling out for his new weapon.

Stormbreaker flew into Thor's hand, passing an inch near Carol, the strong gust of wind making her hair tussle around. When he saw that she didn't flinch or bat an eye, Thor's cold exterior disappeared from his features.

"I like this one," he spoke up.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The group, now that they had a clear and foolproof plan, got suited up and walked inside the ship called the Benatar ( at least that's Rocket called it ) for it to be their ride to Thanos's supposed location. Everyone was sat in their respective seats and with seatbelts on, and (Y/N) jokingly told Rhodey that if he didn't buckle up he could melt into a pile of goo because of the engine's speed after he had said it wasn't necessary for the travel. The look on his face was hilarious, and even with the serious task in hand, it was nice to share a laugh for once.

"Okay," Rocket turned around to face the others behind him. "Who here hasn't been to space?"

Natasha, Steve and Rhodey raised their hands in the air with hesitance. The latter turned to Thor beside him and whispered a quiet 'why' under his breath. Carol and (Y/N) shared a laugh between them, remembering how they applied the same thing on Fury a few years back.

"You better not throw up on my ship."

"Approaching jump in three — " Nebula announced. "Two — One!"

The spaceship thrusted forward with intense speed, passing through a tunnel-like passage full of purples and blues, surrounded by thousands of stars. (Y/N) could see how Steve tightly gripped on his seat and the way Natasha inhaled a sharp breath to prepare herself, and she gave them a thumbs up as reassurance. She saw the way their eyes flashed with appreciativeness before returning to the sight in front of them.

The ship stopped in the middle of space, far away from the planet's atmosphere. They didn't know what to expect or how many forces he could have down there, so they didn't want to take any chances. (Y/N) and Carol offered to take a look for themselves.

Rocket opened the ship's belly hatch for them to fly out into the open, where (Y/N) and Carol easily flew without having to wear a helmet for air.

"We'll head down for recon," Carol told the others on the ship.

They both dived down into the planet, disappearing until they were just streaks of light to the others. (Y/N) took the right and Carol the left, covering more ground to see what they could find. The ground was filled with green grass just like Earth, although the crops were much different. There wasn't any sign of a war fortress like they expected, but it was suspicious to say the least. Why would he think it was over and that no one would come for him? It was odd in (Y/N)'s mind, but she didn't complain.

𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 [𝖙•𝖘] [𝖎𝖒 - 𝖊𝖓𝖌]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें