"Huh? Alone? Where's her boyfriend?" I ask him.

"If I knew then I would tell you. She was almost hysterical. If you go now, you might make it before she gives birth. Hopefully," He tells me. I processed what he was telling me before sighing to myself. I had to do this. From the tone of his voice, he was depending on me to accompany her. I didn't want to. But I will.

There's always a fine line of good and bad times that you have with your parents. I don't like my parents all that much but I love them. And there's a sense of obligation to them, despite it all. No matter what they did to you.

It seems like children were born and raised to be indebted to their parents. I feel that way. If I could choose without the weighing judgment of my parents, I wouldn't go. I don't think I would even speak to either of them.

But that's the funny part of it; I do care. And as much as I'm angry with them or any other feeling I feel towards them, the title of 'Parent' always has some seniority. It's a job with coworkers that I don't like but have to work with. Being a part of a family feels as obligating and draining as a job.

"Fine. Fine. Send the hospital. I'll ask one of my friends to come with me," I tell him, obviously not looking forward to being there.

"Alright. Let me know when you're there then. Bye," He hangs up. I throw my phone on the bed before quickly packing my things and putting my shoes on. I grab my phone again before texting the group chat.

'eren is NOT ghosting us anymore!🥳' club

y/n

if u drove here pls come to my room immediately

its an emergency

Connie

??? r u good?

Hissy

is everything fine? someone go!

Eren

omw

A few moments later, I hear a frantic knock at the door. I rush to open it and see Eren, puzzled and slightly panicked at the sight of me.

"What happened? Is everything fine? What's the emergency?" He asks an abundance of questions. I sighed before letting him in. I take a deep breath before zipping my duffle bag up. He watches me, slightly confused.

"What? Are you leaving?" He asks me, still confused.. I turn and face him.

"I need you to drive me to Shiganshina. My mom's in labor and she has no one so I have to go," I explained it to him as simply as possible. His eyebrows creased.

"Your mom is still having kids? Jesus," He tells me. I huff.

"Tell me about it. This is her first after me. And her boyfriend is nowhere to be found so she needs me. Take the trip with me, please?" I ask him. He sighs before observing me.

He still had a worried look painted on his face. His chest rose up and down from running the halls to get to me. He was concerned. I acknowledged that and held a small, assuring smile. Although, it was so small that I don't think he noticed it. He took a deep breath before nodding.

"Yeah, okay. I'll pack. Head downstairs now. I should be down there in five minutes," He tells me. I nod before grabbing my duffle bag. 

He opens the door for me and snatches the bag from me as I walk past him, before closing the door. I look at him, thrown off. I realized he held the bag over his shoulder and gave him a small smirk.