Chapter Seven

Depuis le début

"No one, I was just talking to Killer Frost.. out loud." I could feel my cheeks heating up again as I laughed nervously. Barry gave me an awkward smile and nodded, leaning over to look at the pages of my notebook. I quickly slammed the notebook closed before he could see what was written.

"Okay then." Barry laughed, holding his hands up in defense. He looked around the cortex and frowned. "Where's Cisco?"

"Probably went back to sleep. Uncle Cisco, late as always." Nora giggled, covering her smile.

"He still sleeps in like this in the future?" Barry asked incredulously, looking over at Nora with wide eyes.

"Oh definitely." Nora nodded her head, laughing a little harder.

"Notice how Nora doesn't call you Aunt Caitlin? She called Cisco Uncle, and Iris Aunt. Isn't it a bit odd that she doesn't call you Aunt. Maybe it's because you aren't her Aunt, but her mom."

I jumped in surprise when I heard Killer Frost's voice sound in my head. It sounded a little muffled, almost like she was in another room.

Nora and Barry stopped their conversation and looked up at me. They were both wearing identical looks of concern.

"Oh lord. She looks just like you and Barry."

Killer Frost was laughing, I could just barely hear it, almost like it was an afterthought. I rolled my eyes. She was so immature.

"Are you okay over there, Cait? You seem a bit out of it." Barry asked, taking a careful step forward like he was working with a wild animal.

"I'm fine!" I said. It was a little too quick by the looks they both gave me. "Killer Frost is talking to me and I'm not blacking out. She doesn't have to write it down either."

I hoped that made my actions seem less strange.

"That's great! I wonder if it has something to do with what you did the other day?" Barry smiled, taking a couple steps closer to the desk. "We're on the right track regardless. Just a few more things to fix up."

"Ask him out."

"No!" I gasped out. She was being ridiculous about this.

"No?" Barry asked, looking confused. "I thought you wanted us to help?"

"Dad, she's talking to Killer Frost." Nora laughed, bumping Barry's shoulder with her own.

"What? You can talk to Killer Frost again?" Cisco gasped as he walked into the room. His mouth dropped open and his eyes went wide. Why was he alway this dramatic?

"Yeah. Killer Frost was writing notes with Cait this morning without her losing time." Barry explained for me. "The talking part seems to be a new development."