she sat her phone down before standing up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom. she gagged at the alcohol smell that clung to her clothes and skin, quickly shimmying out of her clothes before she stepped into the shower. the hot water hitting her skin caused her to let out a content sigh, resting her head back under the water.

while she missed luke too and said she wouldn't go down that road again, she couldn't help but long to give him another chance, if he worked for it that is.

while sam was considering giving luke another chance in the shower, luke was just now waking up. he groaned, rubbing his face as he slowly sat up in the bed. last night was a big blur, the only thing he remembered was not giving sam a chance to talk. he sighed, burying his face in his hands. he knew he needed to talk to her today, that being the most important thing to do today.

he jumped when he felt someone brush against his back, his head turning to see brown hair sprawled across the pillow. fuck, he thought to himself, how could i be so stupid?

he sighed, shaking his head before climbing out of his bed. he grabbed his clothes and tugged them on, not recognizing the hotel room. must be hers, he thought to himself as he yanked his jeans up his legs. he sighed, grabbing the little notepad hotels leave on their desks, scribbling out a quick bye note before slipping his socks and shoes on. he headed straight out of the room, rushing down to the elevator, frantically hitting the button until the chime was heard.

the doors opened, his body slipping inside before hitting the one. he waited patiently, pulling out his phone only to see a message from sam that was sent about half an hour ago.

sam 10:12am | you awake yet?

he cursed, seeing the time before quickly shooting her a text back.

luke 10:51am | i am now, what's up?

he stared at his phone anxiously, watching how the read alert popped up under his text. the doors opened, him quickly slipping out of them and headed right for the door. once the cool december air smacked him in the face, he felt his phone vibrate in his hand.

sam 10:53am | can we meet somewhere and talk?

luke 10:53am | yeah, when and where?

he waved his hand frantically at a taxi, thanking god they were currently in new york. the car pulled over, luke quickly slipping in. "the ritz, please." he told the man, looking down as his phone vibrated again.

sam 10:56am | lunch in an half hour?

luke 10:57am | make it an hour and you've got a deal.

luke 10:59am | wait, where are we having lunch?

when she didn't immediately reply, he sighed, resting his head back on the seat. "my man, how long until we get there?" he sat up, asking the driver, who glanced at him through the mirror before shrugging.

"fifteen minutes, maybe ten?" he suggested, luke letting out a sigh of relief before he sat back into his seat. luke prayed he would make it in time, and he prayed sam didn't find out about last night. not when she wanted to talk, which gradually grew luke's hopes.

sam 11:04am | lunch at the pizzeria around the corner at noon, sound good?

he nodded to himself, i can shower in fifteen minutes. he quickly texted her back an 'okay' before relaxing back against the backseat. he closed his eyes, deciding to just relax fully for the few minutes.

he woke up to the taxi coming to a stop, his eyes snapping open to see his hotel out of his window. "what time is it?" he asked groggily, glancing over at the clock and his eyes widened. 11:36 am. "fuck!" he yelled, tossing a fifty dollar bill to the man before he rushed out of the car and up the stairs of the hotel. he rushed inside, running to the elevator before frantically clicking the up button.

once the doors opened, he waited for everyone to exit before he hit his floor number and waited impatiently to get there. once the doors chimed and opened, he practically sprinted down the hall to his room, rushing inside. as soon as the door closed, he was stripping out of his clothes and rushed to his suitcase.

michael, who had been playing video games, paused and looked over at the blonde. "got a hot date?" he joked, watching how luke struggled to tug clothes on quickly.

"yeah, i'm meeting up with sam. she wants to talk." he began muttering to himself about his shoes and eventually found them, his eyes lighting up at the sight. michael's eyebrows furrowed at this, turning his full attention to luke.

"where were you coming home from?" he asked softly, luke's eyes meeting michael's and when he saw a glint of guilt in luke's, he shook his head at him. "you're an idiot."

"i know," he sighed, tugging his comb through his hair before grabbing his cologne. he spritzed a fair amount before glancing over at michael. "what time is it?"

michael glanced at his phone. "quarter to noon."

luke's eyes widened as he cursed under his breath. "i gotta go, i'll see you later, yeah?" michael shrugged, turning his attention back to his game as luke raced down the hall.

luke 11:47am | i'm on my way