Chapter Twenty One (LAMENTIS-1)

LAMENTIS-1

Silence passed the three of them, as they trekked the desert terrain of the planet. There wasn't much talking between them. Mostly because, they all seemed to be lost in their heads , thinking about their own things. Sarah Kane walked alongside Loki, her gaze turned on the ground, staring at her feet as she did so. She was still trying to recover from what happened on the train.  It was all a lot to wrap her head around. Loki wanted to adopt her. Her using her powers for the first time. It was so much that Sarah felt overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by it all. And being trapped on a planet destined for destruction didn't seem to make it any easier.

Noticing the silence between them, Loki over to Sarah.

He could tell she was overwhelmed.

He couldn't blame her, really. Everything that had happened on the train, had been a lot to handle. And then, there was the fact that they were running out of time, and they had no means to get off this planet.

Loki softened his expression, reaching a hand out and placing it on the girls shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked her.

Sarah looked at him. No, she didn't think she was okay. Definitely not okay.

There were so many things on her mind.

Her powers. Getting off of this planet. Loki wanting to adopt her. It was all a lot for her. And quite frankly, it was very overwhelming. How could it not be?

Sarah let out a sigh, look into his gaze. "It depends." She shakes her head. "Would you define being alright by suddenly learning to use your abilities that have deemed you an abomination? Or being trapped on a planet only hours from destruction, just after being told you want to be adopted?"

Loki's face fell.

Of course she wouldn't be okay. He knew that. He understood that. It was all a lot to take in.

And he felt guilty.

Guilty, because he had caused all of this. After all, wasn't he was one who took Sylvies tempad? Hadn't he been the one to bring them to this death trapped they called a planet?

The answer was yes, he was. He was reason they were going to all die if his plan didn't follow through.

"Sarah..." He began. "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what?" She quizzed.

"Being an idiot." He told her, shaking his head. He huffed. "If I hadn't taken Sylvies tempad, then we wouldn't be in this mess. We wouldn't be fighting for our lives right now." Not to mention, what they would face if they ever made it out of this.

Sarah gave him a somber expression. She didn't blame him for this, any of this.

She knew that they were with a choice. They had a choice to make. They could have let Sylvie go after the timekeepers and kill them, or they could have tried to convince her to the other side. And the first option, would have only caused more problems.

They did what they had to.

And maybe, Loki was an idiot for taking the tempad not knowing where it was  going to taken them. But, she didn't blame him.