Chapter Ten (THE VARIANT)

Time Variance Authority

Sighing, Sarah Kane glanced down at the stack of files sitting on the table in front of her, and Loki. These files, were from each of the Loki Variants attacks. And, Agent Mobius needed them to go through these files. Try to find something that maybe they had missed. What was it Mobius had said? 'Unique Loki Perspective.' No matter. Maybe there was in-fact something the TVA had missed? Something extremely important that could help aid them in tracking down the Variant. After all, it was strange. How this Variant was able to stay so undetected from the TVA. No matter where they had been in the timeline. How was that even possible? Sarah looked over to Loki, who was reading a file. He had already skimmed through a few, but it seemed he had found nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Loki read through the file. He huffed. "Oh my goodness. Don't tell me the Variant ambushed and killed another team of Minutemen." He gasped. But obviously sarcastically. "And stole their reset charges as well."

There had been a pattern with all of the Variants attacks. The Variant killed the Minutemen, and then stole their reset charges.

But why? And for what?

"I don't get it." Sarah shakes her head. "Why would the Variant need reset charges?"

"Don't know." Loki remarked. "But it seems to me this lesser Loki is conjuring up some devious plan." One which, they had yet to figure out.

"Shh."

Looking up from the file, Loki turned around in his seat. To face the woman who was sitting behind him and Sarah's table. Obviously she didn't like they were being talkative. Sarah watched, raising an eyebrow.

Loki faced her, placing his finger on his lips. "Shh." Shushing her back. Nice move.

The woman's eyes grew wide. She let out a scoff, before standing up out of her seat. Obviously, she had seemed offended by that. So, she shakes her head and she walked off.

Sarah shrugged her shoulders. Good, at least there would be no one else around to bother them.

"Yeah but..." Sarah bites down on her lower lip. Whatever this Loki was planning, it couldn't be good. Because they had already proven themselves dangerous and unpredictable. "But this Variant, this Variant is killing Minutemen. Stealing reset charges. Those reset charges are used for resetting the timeline after a Nexus Event occurs. So unless this Loki is wanting to reset the whole of time, then... Why steal them?"

Loki thought. He honestly couldn't imagine. If being a Loki, there was nothing that had come to his mind. "I don't know."

"And C-20..." Sarah let out a breath. C-20 was a part of the Variants plan. The Variant knew that the TVA would come looking for her. And when they did find her, then what? Because she didn't for one second believe it would be some big and happy reunion. "C-20 is a part of the Variants plan, I just know it. The Variant took her as a pawn. The TVA will do whatever is takes to find her. Finding her, means finding the Variant. And that's exactly what they want, right?" Loki looked to Sarah. As she seemed to have this idea. "Say we find The Variant, and find C-20. Then what? The Variant isn't going to come easily. They've got something up their sleeve. A trap. A diversion. Something."

Loki listening to Sarah. He had to keep himself from smiling. Sarah was so intelligent. Clearly, more intelligent than the other people here. He admired that. "Perhaps what you say is true." Loki told her. "I do believe that C-20 is a part of this Lokis plan. Using her a pawn does sound like a very Loki thing to do."

"The TVA aren't seeing this." Sarah sighs. "They don't realize how dangerous this really is."

"Well as I told your mentor earlier, they're all idiots." Loki reminded. "Blinded by their arrogant and diplomatic ways."