'Stupid,' she thought, going to grit her teeth even more and raising her head, albeit not by much. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid.'

It wasn't in the right color, perhaps, but... The old brown one was almost symbolic of her departure. White was what she was becoming.

'Morgana would have liked it if she had seen it.'

"My clothes are just fine," she added simply. "We could look for an Internal Market instead. See if they have stuff to trade."

"That, sure. But if they don't have anything..."

"No," she interrupted him, somewhat soured by even the idea. Fuck that, seriously. "I'm not taking one of those garbage bags that some humans refer to as their clothes."

'I'll be on her level, through and through. Only then will I make her proud of me, even if she is no longer on earth. Only then will I be able to carry out the design she conceived,' she tightened her lips. 'Look at me from the other world, Master. Look at me.'

Donn said nothing to her comment. He merely sighed and fell silent for a moment. Nemain could feel him looking at her from the rearview mirror.

"Well, I'm going down there," he commented as he returned to crack the silence, reaching forward to press one of the bike's many, many buttons. "Whether you want it or not."

"Whatever. I don't care," she said, squeezing in tighter on herself. And feeling the bike slow dramatically, lowering in altitude as it went. Her gaze darted to what appeared to be a cabin in the distance, not too far from a town and the bush. A single person -an elderly man wearing a yellow jacket- was busy chopping logs of wood, beside the building's large doorway.

"Aura?" Nemain asked Donn. Not being able to see the Auras yet pissed her off. Being able to taste them was not enough. It didn't help her enough. But the Eyes Door that she was still searching for was the most hard to get thing ever . She almost started thinking that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't a Magical Perception that she could obtain.

The Wizard, after realizing who she meant during a couple of scant seconds, shook his head. "He has none," he said, the tone of his voice suddenly cold and harsh. Detached and serious as only someone who was giving a death sentence to a stranger could be. Even contemptuous. And as much as, at times, he had a way of acting that riled her up terribly, those were the moments when she could not help but appreciate him.

"They made the people I loved the most suffer and then killed them just because they had magic in their veins, " he had said one of the first times Nemain had spoken to him, shortly after he arrived in their Coven.

She remembered it vividly, especially since his look had been almost disturbing while he wrote down names -all the names of the people he killed in his notebook. He wanted to know about them, so he never forgot about them. The reason, for her, was still unclear- to the point that she had felt several chills running down her spine. "I will return the favor properly. In whatever way I can."

"I'll take care of him," the Bones Witch added nonchalantly, pushing the memory aside. She said this without even blinking. Donn did not answer her, but she knew she had his approval. Just as he knew she would do her job efficiently.

Getting a rib cage bone directly into the heart of the human? Easy as breathing. A little dialogue, accompanied by constant physical contact, and he was done. He would not even have time to scream.

********

Jim jolted awake. He felt his lungs burning and his throat so dry that he struggled to even try to swallow. The knot that seemed to have formed in the center of it did not help.