11- Portals

TRACK 11

I don't want to live

So calloused and frozen, ugly and hopeless

I don't want to live forever

I just want to live right now

You can't take me from me

Voices in my head again

(Voices - Motionless in white)

********

"But if we are in Laos by midday tomorrow, won't that be a problem? That is, as long as we don't have bad weather like right here, right now..." began Toby, casting a glance first at Jim and then at Aaarrrgh, stabbing a tomato with his fork, waving it a little in front of him before putting it in his mouth.

"We'll wait until nightfall, I think," Archie observed, waving his tail, caught visibly off guard, "or it's likely that one group will stay in the castle while the rest go down. I wouldn't even be surprised if Merlin himself went looking for it on his own, and then brought the Keeper and his tools here."

Claire licked her lips, then wiped her mouth with a napkin. She frowned and stared at the table first. Then she looked at the half-goddess. "Nari?..." she asked.

"Yes and no," Nari replied simply, tilting her head and barely shaking her legs under the table. "Merlin needs me for the Phalaenopsis. We know it is in the rainforests, not far from the Kuang Si Falls on the outskirts of Luang Prabang, but not how far it is from the villages."

"Huh?" Claire made a confused expression.

"Localizations can be precise in location, but difficult in what's around it," Douxie replied. "Put very simply, it's kind of like using Google Maps, but without having the feature that allows you to move around. You have a mental image and where it is on the map. That's it..."

"And in any case, even with a proper map and tourist explanations on the Internet you get very little out of it," Archie added. "Sites are complicated."

"Oh," the girl bit the inside of her cheek, "so we can't know how many people might risk seeing us in the process, invisible shield around the castle or not."

Nari nodded. " Whether day or night will depend mostly on the people present, in fact," a pause, "Camelot itself will enter the Portal. The Dimension it opens may be quite large, so it may not be easy to find the Keeper..."

'Oh. As in theory, it should be done with the Portal for the trip back in time, then ' thought Douxie, frowning. Getting the whole castle through one was going to be a tad bit difficult, but not that much either. More a physical effort than anything else.

"And we can't leave the Castle unprotected," concluded Blinky, almost mechanically, causing Nari to nod again. "That sounds like a good idea."

"But if you don't mind me asking, how do we get out, then? I don't think it would be appreciable to be trapped there," Jim made with a somewhat strained expression.

The half-goddess smiled openly at him. "The Keeper will have no problem sending us out. As you know, he has activated the Phalaenopsis Core. So he is also connected to it."

"Okay. So... Getting inside the secondary dimension. Finding the guy. Then the reconstruction of the broken shitty pieces. Then the whole back in time Travel thingy. We'll figure out who the ugly green guy, with his hideous Creeper things, is. Then we'll keep running from him and the biting castle... or try to... until we end up fighting with the other two buttsnacks anyway ?" Steve asked in an almost thoughtful tone, not even if he had to use every single neuron in his brain to list everything. This a plausible fact.