"I need to go and check up on my mum." I told Nina as I stood up from the sofa. We had migrated from the kitchen to one of the many living rooms Vladamir had. "She's been alone for a long time."

"She'll be okay. She's being guarded 24/7." Nina reassured me with a small smile.

"I know but I still want to see her." It wasn't more of a want than it was a need, I needed to see her with my own eyes to confirm that she was okay.

"You're not leaving this house on your own Leah." Nina narrowed her eyes and got up too.

I wasn't stupid enough to do that, I knew what would be waiting for me if I left on my own not to mention the fact that Vladamir would probably murder me himself when he finds out.

"I'm not going to leave on my own. I'll make sure I'm with someone." Whether that was with Vladamir himself or his trusted guards.

Satisfied that I was going to run off on my own, Nina sat back down on the sofa. "They're still discussing what to do next, let them finish first."

I shook my head. "I have no idea how long that's going to take. I told my mum I would be right back, I don't want her on her own for too long."

Nina looked like she was about to argue further before letting out a sigh and nodding. "After you're back visiting your mum do you want to come over to mine?"

A twinge of guilt sparked up inside me as I refused her offer again. "Honestly, I just want to be left alone." With my thoughts that were spiralling like crazy.

"Do you want me to come to the hospital too?"

I shook my head straight away. Though my mum was still partly in shock and a small part of her was in denial, she was still grieving and in no state ready to have visitors. It would be cruel to spring someone on her while she was attempting to deal with her emotions.

"No, she's not up for visitors just yet. I'll let you know when she is."

Thankfully Nina didn't disagree or argue with what I had said. Leaving her in the living room, I made my way over to Vladamir's office.

As I walked over there I thought about what the next course of action they had decided on would be. Two things were obvious, number one they had to find my dad's body and number two, they had to find out who the culprit or culprits were.

Vladamir and the Lycan's were resourceful people, I had no doubt they would figure out who was behind all this, but I was worried about the timing.

How long before they find my dad's body? How long before they find out who's behind this? What if something else happened in the meantime while they were still investigating?

What else could possibly happen now? The worst had already happened.

Mum could die too.

That thought stopped both my walking and breathing and panic filled every inch of my body.

My mum couldn't die too, no, no, no, that couldn't happen. That thought was too unbearable to even think about. I couldn't lose both my parents.

Why were these horrendous and morbid thoughts circling through my head?

Why am I even entertaining these ideas?

Regaining control of body my breathing and my mind, I shook my head as if I was trying to expel those nasty thought out of me. They didn't go far, just got pushed back into dark corners of my mind while the frantic shaking of my head began to create physical pain.

Great, that's what I needed now. A stifling headache.

Rounding the corridor that led to Vladamir's office, I paused when I noticed his door was slightly ajar. It wasn't nosy of me to eavesdrop as they were most likely discussing me and my parents.

Still, I quietly crept towards the door and tried to listen in. While I knew Vladamir would tell me what the plan was, I also knew he wouldn't tell me everything.

"If you knew this could happen to her, why didn't you prevent it?" Gabriel questioned sounding slightly annoyed.

"I had no idea her parents would be targeted. I kept her safe and well." Vladamir answered quickly, sounding just as annoyed as Gabriel.

"Is she though?" Gabriel goaded him.

"Is Nina safe? How many times has she left the house without you? Do not question me on my mate's safety when you cannot protect yours."

"Stop." Isabella interjected before anything else could be said. "We need to focus."

"None of Nina's family members have died under my care."

Vladamir let out a mocking laugh. "That is because she has no family other than her recluse of a father who hid in a cabin while his mate was slaughtered and his child was raised up by another stupid child."

"Enough." Luca voice was firm and strong. "That is enough. We are here to help Leah not to squabble over nonsense."

Alexander's voice was what I heard next. "Do you have any idea who it could be?"

"The list of suspects is...long." Vladamir admitted reluctantly.

"Prioritise the list and produce the first five suspects, we will check each one out. If nothing turns up from the first five, give us the next five."

Luca's plan sounded reasonable and I wondered why it had taken them so long to decide this. What were they doing all this time while Nina and I were downstairs?

"Five?"

"Yes, five. Leah is in need of your support and comfort." Luca explained.

"Do not tell me what to do. I know what Leah needs, you do not." The defensive tone in Vladamir's was evident for all to hear.

"Not again." Alexander muttered.

My earlier question as to why they had not come up with a plan was answered. Instead of coming up with solutions they were arguing and I knew who was causing those arguments.

"I'm unsure about us broadcasting Leah's pregnancy. I do not see how that will lure the culprits behind this out, if anything it will only cause more issues and distractions for us."

Alexander was in agreement with Isabella. "True, this will only draw further attention to Leah and draw out more of your enemies."

There was a pause before Vladamir spoke. "It may cause my enemies to crawl out of the woodworks, however, that is not my primary aim. I only want it to gain one individual's attention."

Luca asked the question we were all thinking.

"Whose?"

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

Who do you think Vladamir is talking about? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I will upload again soon but you can read the full story as well as the start of Luca's story on www.patreon.com/kayy_b or on my subscription page on www.inkitt.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx