Chapter 16

Mayas pov:

Ellie ran into our room and jumps on the bed, "mom your naked.." "mama your naked t- OH MY GOD! EW EW EW EW EWWW" she shrieked, running away.

Me and Carina giggled, then got up to get dressed.

"Well good morning to you too love bug." I said

"just because we were naked didn't mean we did anything bambina." Carina said

"Well I could believe you, if you guys weren't so loud." Ellie said with a wink

"I- why is my daughter telling me this? Don't you have school?" I said, feeling my cheeks go red.

"Yes ma'am" she said with a wink, leaving to go get dressed.

"Your the only one here who's embarrassed Bella" Carina said, smirking at me.

____________________________________

Ellie's birthday was now only 2 days away and we had no plans, just thinking about it made me panic a little bit.

I love her so much, I want her to have the best birthday ever. My baby was now turning 12.

"I can't believe your gunna be a tween." I sighed, looking over at my little girl. "A what?" She asked raising her eyebrows and looking at me like I was crazy. "A tween? Cus your like in between?" I said, trying to explain it the best I could. "In between what" I heard her mutter under her breath.

"Eleanor!" I screeched, completely shocked. I couldn't believe this sweet innocent little girl I met almost a year ago just said that straight to my face. She didn't even give me a verbal response, just a shoulder shrug with a smirk.

"Moving on.... What would you like for your birthday" I said playfully rolling my eyes.

"A chinchilla" she said smiling up at me. "Nope. Next?" I said seriously. "Mommy pleaseeeeeee" she said flashing her puppy dog eyes at me. "Ughhh. Maybe. Other then that what do you want." I tried again.

"Hmm. A sibling."

"Non living things please" I said rolling my eyes.

The conversation didn't go very far, she wasn't too sure other then a chinchilla or siblings. A chinchilla would be a hard sell.

Later that night...

"A what..." carina said dropping her jaw. "Yes I know, it's alot but she's such a sweet girl and I really want her to have a good birthday. We have enough money?"

"Maya no. Don't do it." Carina snapped.

"I'm not sure what kind of doing it you guys are talking about but I'm coming in so please keep it pg thirteen!!" Ellie shouted before barging in the door.

"What is it with you today?? All of your lovely jokes?" I asked, playing with my daughters hair. "Oh yea! Did you tell mama about my joke from this morning?" Ellie asked proudly. "No.. what did I miss?" Carina giggled.

Ellie explained the whole conversation in very close detail, including copying my facial expressions making carina laugh so hard she couldn't breathe.

"Im so sad I missed that!" Carina pouted. "Don't encourage her!" I said giggling.

"Okay back to business. I really want a chinchilla. They are so cute and cuddly and you don't even have to bathe them, they bathe in dust all by themselves and they are so cute and the fully tails! I would be such a good mommy. They aren't stinky like a dog would be, they are kinda loud though.. but mama is too so.." she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Hey!!" Carina said tickling Ellie to death.

"Anywayyy. I really want one so pleasee thing about it" she said hugging us both. "We will think about it bambina but no promises." Carina said, kissing Ellie on the head. "Bed. Now" I said rolling my eyes and shooing Ellie to bed. "How rude!" She said giggling and running off to her room.

1 day later*

"I can't believe your gunna be 12 tomorrow" I said pouting as I tucked my big baby into bed. "Welll soon enough I'll be 20 so be happy" she said kissing my cheek. "Your right" I said rolling my eyes and climbing into bed with her.

"Uh what is going on?" She questioned. "Whatt? To old for mommy sleepovers?" I pouted. "Nope" she giggled pulling me into a tight hug.

Eleanor's pov:

I woke up around 9:35. Weird. I thought mommy and mama would've already gotten me up and would be already crying about how old I was.

I waited for another hour and nothing. I slowly crept out of my room, looking for any party decor or my parents. Nothing. I stepped out into the kitchen, finding mommy and mama packing their lunches for work.

"Hello?" I said, waving my hand at them. "Oh hey. We have work, but you have a babysitter" mommy said pointing to the couch, I quickly scanned the person, then realized it was my grandpa.

"No mommy no. That's my grandpa!" I whisper shouted.

"I know Eleanor. They want you back, so after today they're taking you home." Mommy said blankly.

"Mama you can't let them take me?" I pleaded. "Stop being dramatic Eleanor." She said before pushing past me and walking out the door.

Mommy quickly trailed after mama. I was alone again. With him. I watched as my grandpa didn't move a single muscle. I slowly crept back to my room and flopped in the bed, not even trying to hold back my tears.

A few hours later I felt myself being shaken awake. I rolled over and my eyes landed on maya. The tears didn't take long to take over. After only a minute I was completely sobbing, struggling to breathe. "You can't let him take me!" I sobbed.

"What? Who baby?" Maya said furrowing her eyebrows. "Maya you can't let grandpa take me!" I shouted. "Maya?.. baby I think you had a bad dream. It's you're birthday love" mommy said smiling softly.

"Is grandpa here.." I said nervously. "No.. did you want him to be?" Mommy asked, gently whipping away my tears.

"NO!" I shouted, covering my face in my bed sheets. "Okay. Okay he's not here baby, it's just me and mama" she smiled.

I nodded, mommy took my hand and lead me out of my room. "Happy birthday bambina!" Mama sang, hugging me and handing me a cupcake with a candle on it. "Make a wish love" mommy said, rubbing my arm.

I wish to be with mama and mommy forever.

I quickly blew out the candle and smiled at mama.

"Presents!!" Mommy shouted running towards the couch. "I think mom is more excited then you piccolina" mama said giggling.

Mommy handed me the first one, it was a small little box with a silver necklace inside, it had my initials on it E.G.D.B , Eleanor grace deluca-bishop.

Of course it made me cry. I put it on straight away. I got a few shirts, pants, some hoodies, coloring stuff, a new stuffed animal friend for stink, and a new phone case. "Okay one more thing." Mommy said walking away.

"Close your eyes bambina." Mama instructed.

I held my hands out and felt a medium sized box in my hand. It felt warm on the bottom, which I didn't like. "Okay open!" Mommy said. It was a brown box with nothing written on it. I looked up at both of them very confused.

"Open it!" Mommy squealed.

I opened it and was met with a very fuzzy, cuddly, grey ball of fur. I couldn't help but squeal, startling the small creature in my lap.

"A CHINCHILLA!" I shrieked. Mommy and mama laughed at me. "Boy or girl?" I asked.

"Boy" mommy said smiling. "What's his name?" She asked, "Dustin" I said smiling.

"Why?" Mama asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Because they bathe in dust and he's grey!" I giggled.

AN: a happy ish chapter :). Thoughts on Dustin 🤨🤨?