Chapter 1: The Unforgettable Past

Start from the beginning

I returned to my room to change my clothes to my uniform. I sighed deeply as I thought something. Well, it had been one month since I started my second year of high school while my twin step sisters had just entered their first year.

The three of us attended the same high school, continuing a tradition from our earlier years of schooling. We usually would to school together and even return home after school together, just like when we were in elementary and middle school. And sometimes, but rarely, either of us would go to school or return home first while the rest of us had some business at school.

Like today, I informed my family that I had early cleaning duty at school. They understood, and I prepared to head out.

"I'm leaving, okaa-san."

"Okay. See you later." My mother told me.

I grabbed my headset, then placed it on my ears and connected it to my phone to listen the music while walking to the school.

I suddenly stopped walking as I noticed a figure in the distance, a girl with short brown hair, sent a shiver down my spine. That girl was Yurika Nonaka, my former childhood friend and girlfriend. My heart raced as memories from our shared past flooded my mind.

Years ago, Nonaka-san and I had been friends since elementary school. We were inseparable that we usually spent our time together, even with my step twin sisters. They didn't mind us as long as I was happy.

I had more friends by the time I reached middle school. I often entertained everyone with my comedic antics, and they, especially Nonaka-san, laughed at me in amusement. Well, my biggest dream back then was simple – to become a comedian and bring smiles to people's faces.

When I was third-year middle school, Nonaka-san asked me to meet her behind the gym, a place where confessions were typically made. After school, something that made me surprised.

"I like you, Youjin-kun." She confessed with a nervous smile.

Nonaka-san confessed to me, as I expected. I actually had a crush on her in a long time.

"Please, go out with me." She bowed her head.

I couldn't have been happier; one of my dreams had finally come true.

"Yes! I like you too, Yurika-chan." I smiled happily.

That marked the beginning of our journey as a couple. I told my family that Nonaka-san and I were dating. They congratulated me and had celebration for my first love life.

On the following Saturday, Nonaka-san and I finally had our first date. We watched a comedy movie in cinema, shared ice cream together, played games in the arcade and lastly rode the Ferris wheel. But the best of all, we finally shared our first kiss.

However, everything came crashing down a week later.