-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 168: Save me

    Bertram seemed to be able to see Tan Xiaoshi's thoughts, which made Tan Xiaoshi feel a little uncomfortable.

  As for what he said, she pretended not to have heard it.

  Tan Xiaoshi didn't know when the female was taken out. When she saw her, she was shivering from the cold and sitting on a wolf. Tan Xiaoshi still sat on Hood and started another day's journey.

  Maybe she felt bored talking about poetry during the long flight, so even though Hood couldn't speak, she would still chat with him sentence by sentence.

  "Hood, when did you start to be a ghost beast? I think you haven't been a ghost beast for a long time. Why did you become a ghost beast?" Hood: "..." "Hood , you are flying How many people can you take with you?"

  Hood: "..."

  "Hood, how did you find me? Did Bertram find me?"

  "Chirp~" Hood, who had been unresponsive, shouted.

  Tan Xiaoshi didn't understand what he said, so she didn't care. She turned her head and looked at the dozen orcs running on the ground.

  Among them, a huge wolf beast ran at the front. Even though Tan Xiaoshi couldn't see clearly, he could still feel the power gushing out from the wolf beast.

  In the past few days, she discovered that the orcs were absolutely obedient to Bertram. It seemed that the strong were indeed respected. However, she calmly retracted her gaze and looked forward.

  Among these orcs, only Hood can fly. Moreover, she has the most contact with Hood. Perhaps, Hood is her breakthrough.

  When she was resting at night, she saw those ghostly beasts surrounding the female from a distance in the sky. Even though they were far away, she seemed to be able to hear their laughter and the female's cry.

  Hood slowly descended, carrying a small poem on his back, and met up with Bertram. Perhaps it was because Bertram said "walk farther" yesterday, so Tan Xiaoshi fell to the ground without hearing a sound.

  After dark, some orcs brought food and water, but Tan Xiaoshi hesitated to mention the female. Even if she got the female into the cave, Bertram would still get her out.

  "If you sleep here with me at night, I don't mind letting her sleep by the fire." Bertram finished his food and lay down lazily.

  Tan Xiaoshi's thoughts were once again revealed by him, making her feel that Bertram's appearance at this time was even more annoying. She stood up and walked out of the cave with the remaining food.

  The ghosts and beasts outside were lying there in confusion. When they saw Tan Xiaoshi coming out, they subconsciously glanced at her twice, and then looked away with some reluctance.

  Next to a big rock outside the cave, Tan Xiaoshi saw the female. She was wrapped in animal skins, her body was shivering, and the tears on her face had not yet dried.

  When the female saw Tan Xiaoshi, she grabbed Tan Xiaoshi's animal skin clothes and said in a hoarse voice: "Please, help me."

  Tan Xiaoshi handed the barbecue to her, "I was also captured by them, and I don't have the ability to save you."

  The light in the female's eyes dimmed little by little, and she said with disbelief: "Impossible! If you were also arrested, why are you fine!" Tan Xiaoshi pursed her lips, not knowing how to explain.

  When you, the female, saw Tan Xiaoshi, she was silent, the expression on her face became a little distorted, and the light in her eyes also showed resentment and unwillingness, "You don't want to save me, it's not that you can't save me! That ghost beast leader is so good to you, you It must have something to do with him!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 169: Same as me

         Tan Xiaoshi put the food on the stone aside, "That's all I can do." Then, she ignored the female, took out her clothes from her hands, and returned to the cave.

  She naturally saw the resentment in the female's eyes. She just found it funny that she actually transferred the resentment to herself.

  In the next few days, Tan Xiaoshi did not see the female again, and even the food was delivered by the Hood. She pitied her, but there was no need for her to bear her resentment.

  This afternoon, the weather suddenly turned cold, large flakes of snow fell, and in an instant, the whole world turned silvery white.

  Tan Xiaoshi sat on Hood's body and huddled up in the cold. Snowflakes fell on her head, and soon her head was also covered with a layer of snow.

  Hood saw that she was extremely cold. It was colder flying in the sky than on the ground, and with the snow falling, he was really afraid that the female would not be able to bear it, so he landed early.

  After they landed, before Hood could speak, Bertram could see that Tan Xiaoshi's face was pale and her lips were purple. He frowned and ordered to find a place to rest in advance.

  Those ghost beasts found a tree hole nearby. The tree hole was warmer than the cave. Hood brought Tan Xiaoshi up and started looking for firewood to make a fire.

  After entering the tree hole, Tan Xiaoshi felt better, but she still felt cold all over and her head was a little groggy. Hood lit the fire, and she warmed it for a while before she felt a little relieved.

  Because of the snow, it got dark early outside and the temperature became even colder. Tan Xiaoshi thought of the female and wondered if she could bear the cold.

  After thinking for a long time, she finally spoke and said to Bertram on the side: "Let her come in, she can't stand this weather." Bertram raised his eyebrows without much expression, allowing Hood to The female was brought up.

  The female's exposed skin was turned purple from the cold, and her whole body was shaking violently. After she came in, she glanced at Tan Xiaoshi briefly, and then sat by the fire to warm herself up.

  She would experience the same torture every day these days, and she was almost numb. Therefore, she rarely cried and just wanted to make herself suffer less.

  However, when she saw Tan Xiaoshi, her unwillingness and resentment were still overwhelming. Because the weather was cold, she felt a little sleepy after eating and talking about poems, so she fell asleep leaning against the tree hole.

  When she opened her eyes drowsily, she saw a figure in front of her. When she saw clearly, a sharp stone scratched her face. She felt a chill in her heart and grabbed the hand holding the stone.

  The female did not expect that Tan Xiaoshi would wake up suddenly. A trace of panic flashed in her eyes, and then the panic turned into madness.

  The torture of these days has made her body lose a lot of weight, but now she felt full of strength, holding the stone closer to Tan Xiaoshi's face.

  Tan Xiaoshi's eyes turned cold, and the female's heart suddenly trembled when she saw Tan Xiaoshi.

  "Isn't it just because you are beautiful? If I destroy your face, you will be like me!" The female's face was ferocious, and she desperately pressed down on Tan Xiaoshi's hand.

  Tan Xiaoshi used a little force on her hands to push the female's hand out a little, and then she raised her foot and kicked her to the side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 170: The snipe and the clam fight

          The female was kicked to the ground by Tan Xiaoshi, but she ignored the pain and got up and rushed towards Tan Xiaoshi again.

  Tan Xiaoshi frowned in disgust and was about to kick her again when she heard a scream. The female's body was thrown out of the tree hole like a broken kite and fell to the ground.

  Bertram stood there, the anger on his face had not completely dissipated. Then, he slowly raised his lips, as if the person full of hostility and murderous intent just now was not him.

  "Sleep." He said two words calmly. Tan Xiaoshi heard the sound of bones being torn apart and bones being chewed coming from under the tree hole. Her heart trembled, she knew what the sound was.

  Bertram had already lied down. After a while, he calmed down while talking about the poem, returned to the original place, sat down, and closed his eyes. However, she didn't feel sleepy at all.

  She did not expect that the female had become so psychologically twisted, nor did she expect that she would end up like this.

  She sat there with her eyes closed all night, which directly led to her falling asleep on Hood's body during the next day.

  Fortunately, Hood didn't fly very fast, and she didn't have to worry about falling, so she simply fell asleep when she couldn't hold on any longer.

  Hood seemed to be curious about why Tan Xiaoshi was so quiet today. He listened carefully and found out that she was asleep. Hood subconsciously flew more smoothly, fearing that the female on his back would fall off.

  "Choo Choo Choo!" Tan Xiaoshi was awakened by Hood's cry.

  Because he was afraid that she would be cold, Bertrand put an extra animal skin on her today. As soon as she poked her head out of the animal hide, she felt Hood lean forward, and she immediately grabbed the feathers on his body to prevent herself from falling.

  Then, she saw two eagle beasts besieging Hood. Hood felt that Tan Xiaoshi was awake, so he tilted his body at a wider angle several times to avoid the attacks of the two eagle beasts.

  Tan Xiaoshi clung to Hood's thick feathers. She felt like she was on a roller coaster, thrilling and exciting.

  "Be careful behind you!" Tan Xiaoshi felt that the two eagle beasts were coming towards her. As her body turned around, she also looked at the ground, where two groups of orcs were already fighting together.

  It seems that they have met another group of ghost beasts, and the opponent's strength is not weaker than them.

  She felt the ferocious attacks of the two eagle beasts, and they didn't seem to care much about her life or death. Hood was one-on-one and had to protect her, so he was always in a passive position.

  She weighed it in her mind, and it seemed that it would be more advantageous for her to follow Bertram. However, she hoped that the two groups would keep fighting, and she might be able to take advantage of this opportunity to escape!

  After making up her mind, she saw that Hood was injured and had a harder time coping. If she was captured by two eagle beasts, she would be in trouble. So, she shouted to Hood: "Hood, let me down!"

  Hood also realized the situation at this time, so he desperately got rid of the entanglement of the two eagle beasts, rushed to the ground, and talked about Xiaoshi. Placed next to Bertram.

  As soon as Tan Xiaoshi's feet touched the ground, the two eagle beasts chased after him. One entangled Hood, and the other wanted to catch Tan Xiaoshi.

  Bertram turned into a beast and protected Tan Xiaoshi behind him. Even though the eagle beast could fly, it failed and was bitten by Bertram.