Girl Meets History Class

"Hello class!" Mr. Matthews said.

"Hey" the class said in unison.

"Today we will be..." He began, "Riley, any problems, drama?"

"Nope, dad." She stated, not wanting to tell him about Lucas.

"Maya?" She said.

"No sir." Maya answered.

"Really? Nothing? Wow. That's new." Mr. Matthews said. "I can teach history? After years of being your teacher, the final year?"

Just then a sad look came across Maya's face. Mr. Matthews knew what this was about. He began to blossom a new lesson.

"No one just leaves." He started, "They leave their memories, their legacy."

"Mr. Matthews, you don't have to do this." Maya stated.

"I do. He said. "Can everyone think of somebody you know that left. Whether it means they died, or walked away."

Everyone nodded their heads thinking of loved ones and famous people who died. Only one person thought of someone who left her.

"I'm going to give out partners. The assignment is to think of someone you both know, in this case I recommend having a famous person so you both know the person."

"After you pick someone, make a poster about their legacy, for extra credit you can write on paper on how their story is similar to yours."

The class looked at each other, some excited, some not.

"Partners are," he began, he went down the list, with four people left, "Riley and Farkle, and Maya and Lucas."

"Projects will be due and shown Friday."

The bell rang and Maya and Riley started walking to their lockers. Riley had a little bit of a sad look on her face.

"Sorry Riles, if I could switch partners I would." Maya said.

"It's okay." Riley responded.

The closed their lockers and the boys approached them.

"Hello ladies." Farkle said.

"Hey" Riley said. "How about we start our project at my house at about 6:45?"

"Okay!" Farkle said.

"Maya, how 'bout we go to the library at 6:30?" Lucas asked.

"Make it 7" Maya answered.

"Fine"

--------------

Hey guys!

I hope your enjoying this story! Thank you so much for reading it, and voting!

Please comment and vote!

Any ideas? Predictions? Comment them! I many take them into consideration!

~ Bella