𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑

Börja om från början

Dadi: (chortling) And where was your phone hiding?

Sarah: Under the pillow on the bed. I swear, that Aryan is gonna pay for this. Why couldn't he just tell me where my phone was? (adjusting her phone on the stand at the table and sketching in her diary sitting on the chair)

Dadi: Well, dear, he couldn't tell you because you didn't let him. You should be thankful to him, though. I mean, how many people rush to a police station at midnight to help someone they barely know?

Sarah: (suddenly stopped her sketching, closed her diary, and took the phone from the holder) Dadi, I've made a terrible mistake. I was so frustrated by the fact that if I didn't transfer the money by 10:00 a.m., the inspector would inform Dad about my little scandal.

I don't know, Dadi. I don't want to keep snapping at people, but I can't seem to control this anger inside me. It's like a storm, and I feel guilty afterward, but in the heat of the moment, I can't... I can't just hold it back. (with guilt in her eyes looking in a direction other than the phone's camera)

Dadi: (with compassion in her eyes) You know, among all my grandkids, you're the one I admire the most. You're strong and fearless, just like your brother Daksh... (suddenly pausing as if she said something she shouldn't have) Are you attending your therapy sessions, dear?

Sarah: (sensing her sadness) You don't have to hold back from mentioning Daksh. I don't mind talking about him. It's been six long years, and I miss him too. No one talks about him. It's like he's been erased from everyone's memory.

(seeing her granny relax a bit, she smiles weakly)

And yes, I'm still going to those therapy sessions, but honestly, Dadi, they feel so pointless. The therapist tells me to keep an anger journal, makes me do role-playing, asks me to analyze what triggers my anger, teaches me deep breathing exercises, and all that blah blah blah. It all seems so basic; even a preschooler could come up with these ideas. Why can't he just prescribe some magic pills to calm down my anger hormones? These antidepressants are of no use really.

Dadi: (with a comforting tone) Just remember, Sarah, patience and calmness will help you gain control over your anger eventually.

(Kirti, interrupts in the background, asking Granny about dinner, her voice faintly audible on the video call. Sarah's expression turns stoic.)

Dadi: (addressing Kirti) The dietitian has prepared my meal plan for this week, so please ask the cook to prepare dinner accordingly for me.

(Dadi returns her attention to Sarah on the screen.)

Dadi: Well, dear, it's time for my evening prayers now. I'll talk to you later. Take care, and don't forget to take your pills as prescribed.

Sarah: (her smile weakening a bit) I won't. Bye, Dadi. You take care too.

20 September 2017, 04:03 p.m. IST

{You've got a message from Rishi Solanki on Whatsapp}

Rishi: Hey, Sarah. How's it going? Hope you're still keeping everyone on their toes, just like the old times. Haha.

Alright, switching to serious mode before you tear me to shreds.

This is a bit hard for me to put into words, but I really... really want it to get off my chest. 

We've been best friends since middle school, and I cherish those memories. And... I know that it was my genius plan to kick things up a notch and turn us from besties to lovers.