Brunch with Friends

Start from the beginning

     "It'll be fine, Aph. Just don't worry and enjoy yourself. Alina knows she can trust who you trust." Aaron said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I calmed as his comfort overwhelmed me, and relaxed in my chair. We heard a knock on the door. It was probably my mother. I went over since I was finished with breakfast and opened the door. I didn't want mom seeing me in a wheelchair, so I got my cane and walked to the door. She was behind the door, as I expected, and she said hello. Eleven' thirty was right around the corner, so Mom went up to my bedroom to check on Alina while Melissa got her things together.

     We left and locked the door behind us. I asked Melissa if I could try to go the day without my wheelchair, but she said maybe another time. She brought my wheelchair and left it in the back of the car. I brought my cane anyways, just so I could walk a little.

     We arrived at the cafe. It was called Cat' Cafe~. Again, this is another thing I haven't seen around before. Although, I do wonder why she didn't think of meeting up at the Maid Cafe, it's much closer. Melissa said she'd take out my wheelchair just in case, but I won't use it until I have to. We walked into the Cafe and little bells rung. We found our friends sitting at a table, and we walked over to them.

     "Hey guys!" I waved. Everyone was there. There was Katelyn, Travis, Garroth, Zane, KC, Dante, Daniel, Dottie And Rylan. We all sat down, and I sat down at the edge, where I could easily get up. I rested my cane on the back of my chair, so it wouldn't get in the way.

     "Hey! We didn't know you could walk yet!" Dante said.

     "It's not really walking, I'm just leaning on a cane and moving my legs. But either way, I heal quick." I said.

     "So how has everyone been?" KC asked. We all said we've been doing good, and we stirred up a conversation that could've lasted the rest of our lives if we weren't interrupted by a waitress that took our orders.

     "So aphmau, I bet your wondering what happened o the Maid Cafe.." KC said. "Well, after we went to starlight, and Gene, Sasha and Zenix took over, they just made everything so messy, that I didn't even bother taking it back. I invested all my money into this, and now I run it! Since we're all eating at my Cafe, you guys can eat for free! My treat." She said. Everyone got a little excited and continued to talk. Since there were so many of us, the waitress was still taking everyone else's orders, including mine.

     "Hey Aph, they have some really good chocolate volcano here. Wanna try it?" Katelyn asked.

     "N-No thanks, I-I'm not hungry." I muttered under my menu. Katelyn looked at me weird.

     "You sure? You can always eat it later, and also you always eat the dessert before the main course." She said.

     "I think I'll just eat the dinner today.." I could tell Katelyn was getting suspicious of me. She knew I was acting weird, well, weirder than normal. I was starting to get nervous, and the nervousness wasn't helping my hunger. I decided not to eat too much this morning just so I would actually eat at the Cafe, but I just said I wasn't. I think I could wait a little longer before I get really hungry. Then the Waitress took the rest of our orders and let us be. We continued to chat a bit, but Katelyn was giving me a glare. A glare trying to see through me. A drop of sweat dripped down my forehead, and I looked away, trying to not make it obvious I was uncomfortable.

     We've been here for around an hour now, and the food hasn't come yet. At this point, everyone is practically done talking and starting a new conversation about food. I'm sitting next to Aaron looking like a dingus for two reasons. The first is because I'm nervous. The second reason is I'm so hungry at this point that my stomach is starting to hurt, so I'm covering my stomach with my hands, and it's making me look constipated with the mixture of expressions on my face. Katelyn isn't directly staring at me anymore, but I do catch her staring at me from time to time while we're there. Unexpectedly, my stomach lets out the biggest growl I've ever heard, and everyone stops talking to stare at me.

     "Uhm, Aphmau? You feeling okay?" Aaron asked.

     "Y-Yep! I'm good!" I said nervously. The sweat dripping from my forehead increased, and everyone immediately knew I was lying when another growl from my stomach was let loose. Katelyn only eyed me more with suspicion. Everyone could tell I was hungry, so KC decided o leave and help in the kitchen. I told her she didn't have to, but she said work was slow today anyways, and she was hungry too. Now we were left in an awkward silence with everyone talking in a quieter tone.

     "You sure you're okay?" Aaron whispered over to me.

     "I-I'm fine, I promise." I assured. Then he went back to his own business, and I sat quietly to myself until Katelyn started a conversation with me.

     "So Aphmau, why'd you say you weren't hungry?" Katelyn leaned over the table, eager to hear what I had to say.

     "Uhm, I just got hungry. I wasn't hungry before." I responded quickly. She gave me a look to show that she knew I was lying, and the look intensified when I started getting nervous again.

     "I-Is it just me, or is it hot in here?" I say as I take off my jacket an wrap it around my waist. I tug the collar of my shirt as well, and Katelyn looked away to talk with Travis. I sighed in relief. Dottie, who was sitting across from me, moved up a little closer and started another conversation with me.

     "Hey Alpha! What have you guys been up to recently?" She asked. She seemed more optimistic from the last time I saw her, so I smiled and said, "We've been doing really well! I'm learning how to walk again, and Aaron can see, as you can 'see'." We both laughed at my pun. Man, I miss doing that. I should do it more often. I noticed in the corner of my eye, Aaron was rolling his eyes at my pun. I guess some things never change.

     The food finally arrives at the table, along with some spoons, forks, and knives. KC comes back to eat with us, and we all start talking louder again. I start to dig in immediately, and I can feel Katelyn staring at me. I don't want her to get all nosey, so I slow down a bit. Suddenly, a wave of nausea hits me like a truck, and I drop my fork, which I was eating my fries and steak with. Everyone turns to each other as very few of us start to become sick. Me, Aaron, Garroth, Melissa, and the wolf pups were all getting sick. Kawaii~Chan immediately knew what was wrong and panicked.

     "Oh my goodness, I forgot! I'm so sorry, those are made out of Silver! Just don't touch them, and don't get cut. I'll go get some plastic utensils from the back. KC rushed to the kitchen of the establishment while quite a handful of us were about to throw up. One by one, each of us had our werewolf features pop out, as an instinct to lower our pain. First it was Daniel, then Dottie and Rylan. Then it was Garroth, Melissa, and lastly Aaron.

     Everyone comforted each other as some threw up. I knew what was coming for me. The pain in my stomach was unbearable. KC came back with buckets, new utensils, and napkins. My werewolf features threatened to come out. I resisted in desperation, but I was too weak. My body succumbed to my fate, and my ears and tail popped out. 

.