"Captain, you seriously think you can take them on by yourself?" Viktor is obviously begging me to not act alone, but I find that a little offensive. Abel and Zaiya were not planning to stop me since they did not doubt my abilities and without wasting my breath, I turned my back towards my squad to leap off the building. I display my lust for blood and let my emotions take control over me. With a tight squeeze on the handgrips, I increase gas power to fly towards the ten-meter titan and grapple its nape. In mid-air, I grip my right sword backhanded with the blade facing out and utilize spinning towards its bare nape. Through sheer will and anger, I decapitate its head instantly.

At that moment, my rage is surging and I fly towards a nearby titan to slice its nape clean off its body with my swords. I gain momentum as I take multiple targets out simultaneously. As I carve their limbs into multiple pieces and mutilate every titan in sight, my squad watches in terror from the rooftop. My body is now covered in hot, steaming blood and I realize I have become a monster myself.

I swear by the walls... I will eliminate all titans for mankind, especially for Sina. I will fix this cruel world.

Unexpectedly, my gas tanks are hissing from behind, realizing I have fucked myself over for not entering the battlefield with a full tank and was blinded by my emotions. Now, I am falling... until I feel a strong body catches me in midair. I gaze up to find Abel carrying me to a safer area and we both land on a rooftop. "We can't just watch and have you fight alone!"

Suddenly, we hear booming footsteps coming from behind and a mindless titan slams its own body into the building we were standing on, causing us both to slip, and with a quick reaction, we grapple away from the collision. Once I land on the ground, I feel something snap in my left foot, sending shockwaves of pain up throughout my body.

From another rooftop, Abel notices I have injured myself and starts to panic when more titans are approaching us. "Captain!"

Despite the pain, I can still stand on my feet and as the titan crawls toward me, I hear Zaiya scream from above as she slices the nape, killing it instantly. Another titan appears from behind and it gets taken down easily by Viktor when he slashes it by the ankles to lose balance. The titan falls forward and shakes the ground with its gigantic body, and Viktor spins to rotate and attack its nape.

"I think we cleared this area out. Let's keep moving." Zaiya says, and Abel comes down to join us, checking to see my condition and I keep a straight face to make them worry less.

"But we can't! He's low on gas!" Abel tells Zaiya and Viktor. "You guys stay here while I grab some supplies. I'll also find a medic for you, Captain."

"This is nothing." I wave at him, dismissing the fact that I am in a tremendous amount of pain, but I will not stand here and cry about it. "Be quick, Abel. We will not wait long."

As time went by, we fought until the sun went down and as expected, we gained nothing from the expedition. Even though we lost half of the scouts, we fought alongside the Garrisons and felt the agony of defeat together. I am, yet again, dissatisfied with my power. Two military branches assisted the surviving residents of Wall Maria to flee into Trost District and once we sought enough refugees, we all retreat into Wall Rose and arrive at the refugee center. With an abundance of refugees coming into Wall Rose's territory, humanity is already facing a severe food crisis.

The refugee center is overcrowded with residents who fled from the horrors of Wall Maria. My squad was handing out bread to hungry refugees, but I hated the work and was anxious to get through with it. Now, I am in the middle of being treated for my leg as a medic wraps a gauze around my ankle.