Chapter 35

"Well don't you look as beautiful as ever." My mom says to me as she enters the dressing room with a tiny box in her hand.

I had just finished getting dressed for my gender reveal.

I decided to wear a long white gown , I didn't know if I was having a girl or a boy so I decided to go neutral

I decided to wear a long white gown , I didn't know if I was having a girl or a boy so I decided to go neutral. Ever since I started noticing my baby bump I felt more and more beautiful.

" I have a gift for you." she says as she hands me the box.
"My mother gave it to me when I gave birth to you, and now I'm giving it to you."

I smiled as I opened the box. It was a beautiful necklace with two tiny feet in the middle of it  along with a pearl in the center. I smiled as my mother placed it around my neck.

"Thanks mom. Thank you for always being here for me, I know this isn't what you wanted for me, but I—"

"No sweetie. I'm happy for you. Maybe you needed this. The same way I needed you."

Tears began to fill my eyes as she pulls me in for a hug. After we talked a little more we began to hear more and more voices from the other side of the door. People began to flood the building and I began to get nervous . My mom could sense it so she grabbed me by my hand and led me out. She walked me over to my chair that was in the center of the room, surrounded by balloons and gifts people started bringing in.

About twenty minutes went by and the room was packed of all my friends and family. They greeted me with hugs, kisses, and gifts. I felt so loved. I scanned the room for one person specifically. Nate . Weeks had gone by since the investigation and I hadn't heard from him since. I'm not really sure if I expected him to show up. The thought shook from my head when I was greeted by my closest friends , Rue, Jules, Maddie , Kat, and Lexi.

We chatted about the baby and what we all thought the gender would be. It was interesting to hear what they thought and why.

"I think it's gonna be a boy , you'd make a great boy mom Y/N." Rue says as she stuffs her face full of refreshments.

"I think it's gonna be a girl. You know what they say about girls, when the father needs to be humbled , they have a girl. Nate needs a reality check." Kat adds.

I thought about what she said. It was true. If Nate decided to be there for our child he would need a reality check. Maybe if he had a girl he'd understand that the way he treats women isn't right, he wouldn't want someone to treat his baby girl in such a way. So maybe I did want a baby girl.

An hour goes by , by this time everyone had eaten their food .

"Alright everyone we are about to start playing games so everyone grab a partner!" My mom yells out.

As I look around everyone begins to grab a partner. Some of my moms friends grabbed their significant other and made their way out onto the floor as I sat watching . Suddenly out the corner of my eye I see the door creak open. Mkay walks in with a hug gift in his hand , he gives me an awkward smile as he holds the door open for someone behind him. Low and behold Nate walks through the door and I immediately felt like I was going to throw up. Everyone turns in their direction and the room goes silent . I look at my mom and a few of my uncles that were ready to pounce . One of my uncles taps Fezco on the shoulder and points at Nate.

I quickly get up and head into their direction. Grabbing the gifts from them both , I thank Mkay before grabbing Nate and leading him outside .

"What am I not welcome?" Nate ask.

"Look Nate I don't want any problems. Thank you for coming."

"Why wouldn't I be here? You're carrying my child. Look at the end of the day regardless if we are together or not, we made this baby, not you, not me, WE. So if your uncles want to beat the shit out of me then so be it. But I'm not going to let anyone stand in the way of my child. I know I hurt you. I know I haven't been the best I could be. But I want to be better for our child."

Tears filled my eyes as he continued to talk. A million questions ran through my mind all at once. I began to feel light headed as I tried to gather my thoughts. I couldn't contain my tears as they streamed down my face.

"Hey, it's okay. You're gonna ruin your makeup. You look amazing by the way." Nate says as he whips my tears with his finger.

He pulls me in for a hug that I really needed. Did I still love him? Without a doubt. Did I want him here for the baby? Most certainly. Did I forgive him for everything he's done? Of course not. But at that moment I put that all to the side. I looked up at him as we gave eachother one last smile. I grabbed his hand and guided him back into the reception. I gave my mom a look and she knew exactly what I wanted. For everyone to act normal and to continue on. I didn't want any drama . I didn't want anything to be awkward. He showed up. That's all that matters.

Nate grabs a chair and pulls it up next to my seat as we watched everyone play games with each other. I looked over at him as he laughed at Mkay who was partnered up with Kat.  The game was to tape a balloon to the females ass and for the guy to thrust as hard as he could to pop the balloon . Many more games where played afterwards.

I continued to laugh until I couldn't breath , I could feel Nate smiling at me from the corner of my eye. I look over at him and he smiled at me and grabs my hand.  I guess at some point Nate had texted his parents telling them the coast was clear because they soon showed up with multiple gifts in hand .

"Can I talk to you for one second?"Cal ask as I nod and exit the room with him.

We sit down in the lobby as he rubs his hands over his face.

"Look Y/N, I know you and my son have had problems in the past, but I want you to know that my son means well for you and the baby. He had to sit down and realize what he had right in front of him. Now, I know with the charges he's being hit with are still in effect, he wants to be here for you, but how can he do that behind bars? I guess what I'm asking is, would you be willing to let all of those things go so he can be the father he needs to be?"

"With all do respect Mr. Jacobs, that's something that I have to talk to my mother about. She is the one that wants charges to be pressed. I will try to talk her out of it , but I don't know what the future holds. I want Nate to step up and be there , I really do. But I also want him to understand that what he did wasn't right. I love your son and want nothing but the best for him."

"I understand. Just think long and hard about this. We are now all family whether we want to be or not."

I nod my head as he pulls me in for a hug. We go back into the reception with everyone else and continue with the games until they are all done.

"Alright everyone now for what everyone has been waiting for! It's time to reveal the gender!" My mom yells out.

Everyone heads outside as my mom brings out a cake.
All my girl friends and Mkay all have poppers in their hands. Everyone gathers around with this cameras out. Nate and I both grab the knifes that are sitting on the table as my hands shake and are sweaty, anticipation has kicked in.

"Alright everyone on three !" My mom yells.

"1!"
My heart sinks to my stomach.

"2!"
I grab Nate's free hand .

"3!"
I close my eyes and slice the cake open while I hear multiple poppers go off.

Screams fill the area and I open my eyes.

_____________________________________

Are y'all team 🩷

Or team 🩵

???? Comment what you think🤗