A: The Chase

Despite being irked at the start of the evening, Aleksandr was having a shockingly wonderful time. And it was credited to the hauntingly beautiful voice of his mate who looked like a natural shaking and rocking his hips at the stage. A born star. 

Aleksandr reveled in the multifaceted personality of Lev that ranged from being shy and adorable to swinging his body in a manner that could bring a grown man to his knees. Aleksandr would know. His body thrummed with hunger and energy at watching his mate sway on the dance floor while Lev's melodious booming over the speakers made him a little heady as his fingers itched to touch his mate. Have skin on skin contact just so he could cool down his burn. Touching Lev always had that weird effect on him, where he would feel some part of him settle down a little, soothed, while some other part would palpitate and come alive at his touch. 

Suddenly Lev decided to switch up the atmosphere of the bar to something a little slow and he got the idea that Lev had somehow done that for his benefit. Lev's voice rang clearly over the place as the band let Lev take command of the music through an acoustic guitar and only chimed in for support or effect. 

Sitting straight, Sasha could feel the lyrics wash over him and he couldn't help feeling hopeful, thrilled and amazed at the fact that Lev had decided to sing this song for him. This was good. So good for Aleksandr. This meant that Lev was starting to accept him. 

Aleksandr was just sitting there mesmerized and basking in hope when suddenly, he picked up on a scent that instantly ruined his good mood. Even though everyone in his pack was searching for it, Aleksandr hated that, of all the worst times, he had come across it now. Angry and already hating himself for what he was about to do, he dialed a number on his phone. 

"It's me. Meet me outside the bar right now." Without waiting for a response from the other side, he cut the call and took one last look at his mate's beautiful face and stood up. 

A second later, he was outside and moving west, following the direction of the bloody scent. In just a minute, he felt the presence of two bodies shadowing him. The twins were here. 

As they sped up, Aleksandr explained how he had just scented the rogue wolf that the pack was on the lookout for. The scent was disappearing and reappearing constantly which meant that the person was moving. Aleksandr couldn't tell if the rogue knew he was being chased or was simply leading them somewhere random.  Either way, they couldn't leave him alone. 

Aleksandr was particularly keen to get his hands on the wolf. He desperately needed to teach the other wolf a hard lesson, first for the cruel, deprave crime he had committed to one of Aleksandr's pack members and second, for showing up at the worst possible time which made him tear himself apart from his mate. 

Sasha could feel his wolf's restless energy at being apart from his mate and at the thought of chasing and catching his prey. However, just as thought he had almost caught up, the scent wafted and lessened. He checked on the twins but could notice their confused faces as well behind him. The scent had dispersed. 

He frantically looked around and realized that they had moved from the main city road to back alley streets that usually had multiple dumpsters lined up to throw the daily garbage of restaurants. Amidst the pungent smell of trash, it was near impossible to detect the smell of an individual. No wonder the rogue had moved in this direction. He must realized earlier on that he was being chased and Aleksandr had just fallen into his trap. Aleksandr cursed and kicked the side of a dumpster, letting his frustration out.  

Krizek, one of the twins chasing the rogue with Aleksandr, raised his head and moved towards one of the dumpsters. Without any hesitation, Krizek let almost half his body fall in as he searched the garbage. 

His brother, Krillen, shouted, "What the hell are you doing? I am not going back with you smelling like a rotten dumpster." 

Aleksandr agreed and said they should start heading back now just when Krizek grabbed and pulled something out of the dumpster. It was a blue colored hoodie. 

And mixed in the with the smell of garbage, it smelled exactly like the rogue. 

It's a bit small, this chapter, but I am working on it. Expect next update soon! :)

Thank you!

Happy reading!

Please vote on my story.

Disclaimer: I do not own the image. They are taken from Google.