13• 𝓓𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓻

Dated: 30th March, 2024
Word Count: 3k+
Target: 50+ votes and comments

I don't know why there are no comments and votes.

It's just heart breaking

Anyways..

13 | Dinner |

Urvi:

My heart thumped against my chest as my eyes couldn't keep them off from glancing him every now and then. Walking into the premises, him ahead of me, my hands clutching my handbag and following his steps faster. The elevator pinged open, and he held it till the time I could make it up to the elevator, his eyes stuck to his phone.

I got in and pressed the button, before leaning myself over the wall and my eyes again glancing him at ones. His eyes were stuck on his phone, his fingers moving constantly. I bit my lips before averting my gaze.

I couldn't stop replaying the scene that happened in the temple. I saw something different there. As in, a different Ridhit. Not The Ridhit Merhotra, but just Ridhit.

Someone who'd join his hands in front of God. Who'd bend down to touch the priest's feet. Someone who'd kneel down for those innocent souls and feed them with that small, yet peaceful smile.

My heart felt full. Visiting temples never felt so calm and serene until today. And what is the reason? My eyes fell upon the person responsible.

My gut screamed that you are on a path you always avoided. That you'll end up in a way you'd never expect to. But heart screamed above it all, it'll be worth it.

And I obliged. Too deaf to understand the meaning behind each inner voice.

"Urvi?" A voice pulled me out of those chain of thoughts. I blankly stared at him, who called me, before responding, "Huh?"

"Check up? Earth Con?" I might have missed his talks and it was then I realized that we were in his cabin. "Where are you lost?" He stepped towards me, while I just nodded in a no before moving towards the window to pull the curtains. I then replaced old withered flowers with new ones. Quickly pulling out a green file from the cupboard, I passed it to him.

"This is being handled by another team. Basically meeting with investor's has being scheduled today."

He went through the file before speaking, "Anything else scheduled for today?"

"As of now, nothing." I replied, pulling out my phone from my bag. "I'll get your coffee." He nodded, and I moved out of the cabin. I switched on my phone, to see it flooded with messages, but only from one person. Just when I opened her chat, my phone displayed her number ringing. I chuckled and picked it up, "Hello?"

"Where TF are you bitch." A voice screeched from the other side. I pressed my lips and replied, "Good morning to you too." My phone pinged. I accepted the video call request from her.

"Is that traditional?" I nodded. "Of course. You always wear traditional today." She slapped her forehead and nodded in a no. She was sitting on couch, with that huge smile.