7• 𝓤𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱

Word count: 3k+
Dated: 25th October, 2023
Target: 60+ votes and comments

Do follow me, Ridhit and Urvi on Instagram to see reels related to this book.

7 | Underneath My Breath |

Urvi:

My gaze was stuck to the painting opposite my bed now traveled to the closed window, and then to the mirror.

Darkness

That's all what my room had right now. My heart was pounding at an unimaginable speed, my trembling legs made its way towards the mirror. Stood before it. Pulling out a few tissues, I ran it along the corner of my lips. I had a look at the tissue, bloodied ones. Discarding it, I looked around. Pitch dark room with no source of light.

'While Urvi, you. You are still finding hopes on those who have already given up on you.'

I felt weak. So weak. I clutched the mirror, to avoid myself to slide down to the floor. But that dint help.

'A warm squeeze was exerted on my forehead, followed by my cheeks.'

How much ever I wished to be away from this hell, stepping out with this face would raise questions. And I'm honestly left with no courage to answer it all.

My breathe heaved unevenly and eyes wandered hopelessly in search of light. No no, I needed to get up. It's not me. I ain't this weak.

I looked up and caught hold of the mirror, wanting to get up but ended up falling brutally. Mirror shook and stuck with the wall to have mirror falling on the ground and not on me. Mirror shattered into the pieces depicting my heart's condition.

I shivering, sat straight and leaned against the wall. My heart went so heavy that pain in me became silent. Those pieces down, every piece holding my reflection. No one knows the pain until you're looking at the mirror and asking yourself to hold strong and hold on. I feel I'm no longer living. I'm just waiting.

And the worse thing is that I'm not even aware that I'm waiting exactly what for.

My breathe fastened and my entire body trembled. I threw my head backwards and shut my eyes. My tears trickled down. I tried taking deep breath but nothing worked. I pulled my hairs and hurriedly looked here and there to find anything. None.

I was alone.

Again.

Nobody knew.

Again.

My gaze was stuck to the bed there. I wanted..I wanted to just sleep. Just escape from this never ending cycle. I tried crawling towards it but as soon as my palm came in contact with the floor, pieces of mirror pierced into my palms and a painful scream escaped my lips I held myself.

Trying not to collapse on those pieces. I, shivering brutally, glanced my hands. Blood trickled down through my hands and ended up on my dress. I slowly felt my entire body going numb. I simply couldn't feel myself. Nevertheless, I gulped down a huge amount of saliva and tried getting up.

Yes, yes I can stand.

I smiled slowly within tears and moved my legs cautiously. Wasn't even six steps and my numb legs gave up, causing me to collapse down. My head came in contact with the floor. Shit, I squeezed my eyes in pain and decided to stay there.