3• 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓽

Dated: 12th September, 2023
Word Count: 2k+
Target: 40+ votes and comments

Literally bare minimum and even that you people cannot achieve

3| The Fine Print |

Urvi:

My heartbeat almost dropped as he uttered that one sentence. Oh god, what is he going to do now? Will he get me a transfer? Or fire me because yesterday's quarrel? But that quarrel happens everyday right. Several thoughts were eating up my mind.

"And what is that point exactly?" I tried speaking without fumbling.

"Hear me out and then freak out." And I was now sure that whatever he was going to utter would be utterly shocking. I somehow nodded and he continued. "I need you to be my fake girlfriend." He dropped the bomb and my heart exploded like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

"WHAT?" My voice came out a bit more louder than expected. "You cannot be serious Ridhit." I angrily spatted.

"I said hear me out and then freak out." He repeated and I stayed mum, anger still boiling inside me. "Inheritance in the name of the game." His one sentence made everything else clear. I knew about this rule of his company. But I had a lot of questions.

"Why me?" Was the first question.

"Coz you know I haven't met any other girl for since three years. I bring some other girl and introduce her as my girlfriend? Sus!" He explained calmly. "Beside I will not have to explain you everything, which will save a lot of energy of mine. Though handling you is twice that." He tried murmuring the last part inaudibly but failed. I narrowed my gaze at his last part but nevertheless found myself drown in the thought of the preposition he has just presented.

I too needed a boyfriend till yesterday. Uh, I mean, a fake one. This could actually sort a lot of problems. As in, the management of my fake boyfriend as well as parents and work would've tedious. Now since everything is falling at one place, this should go fine.

"This is the contract." He passed me the file and I looked at it.

"I expect you to know that I will read each clause at least twice and then proceed to next one. So you wish to waste your time watching me reading?"

"Yes." I shook my head in disbelief. I opened the file and read through every clause twice, as I said. Each clauses was perfect and had no future risk.

"I need a few ground rules to be followed." I said, keeping the contract back on table.

"And they are?"

"One, no falling in love." I said, holding my index finger out. I might be looking childish as I saw him shaking his head in disbelief, but nevertheless nodding. "Two, hugs allowed if in public, nothing more than that."

"Why would I even be interested in touching you?" He scrunched in nose sayin' so.

My nose flared. "I'll remember that." I slowly murmured inaudibly. "Three, pretendence in the key to your and my problem."

"Your problem?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

I ignored that question and proceeded. "Last and not the least, if anyone of us by chance falls for other, the contract immediately ends there." Love was something I was afraid of. That trust to build could take my age.