A Thorny Attitude

"Bye, Rose-senpia!" One of the younger girls called to me. I ignored her and continued walking. 

Hey, It wasn't that I didn't want to say bye or anything, but if I said anything, all the kids in the school'd have a heart attack. I never talk. I ignore boys when they flirt with me, and the teachers know if the call on me, I'll just be silent. It's not that I can't talk, but, well, I can't talk.  The doctors say it's emotional trauma. From what, I don't remember.

Look at me. Telling my whole life story with out introducing myself. My name's Rose Thorn. That's not my real last name. I don't remember it, so I made one up. I thought it was really cool at the time. I have brown hair with red streaks in them, and blood red eyes. Yeah, yeah, it's weird. At least you don't have them, right? I'm really pale. Not like, "Oh, she's pale, she should go outside more" pale, but, "My gods, she looks like a zombie!" pale. I always have my black hoodie on, and if you think you see me without it, well congrats, you found a Rose doppelganger. I also always have my black boots with dark pink laces. It's where I hide my daggers. What? I have to go through a bunch of alleys to get home.

I plodded through a dark alley, going to meet one of my few friends. Yes, I have friends. Why do you look so surprised?! Her name's Dark Yuro. No comments on the name please. She's a bit sensitive about it. And by 'sensitive' I mean she'll beat you up if you say anything bad about it. Yeah... I have weird friends.

Anyway, we were going to this new(ish) cafe. Cafe Mew Mew, I believe. I'd been told it was good. (wow, look at these sentences. They're so short...) I quickly reached the meeting place Dark and I had agreed on, but she wasn't there. I sighed, then started walking again. Maybe she was already at the Cafe...

_+Time Skip to when she gets to cafe, 'cause i'm bored+_

I finally reached the top of the cursed hill. I felt like collapsing. Why was there such a huge hill here anyway?! I bent down, hands on my knees, panting. Once I had enough oxygen, I looked up. Then back down, rubbing my eyes. So... much... PINK!!! 

As soon as I get over the... pinkness, I look up again and notice a black dot jumping up and down. Dark. I stood up and jogged over to her. She grinned at me when I reached her.

"Bet you thought I forgot, huh?" She asked with a smile. I shook my head, giving her a smirk. "Let's go in then."

We started walking toward the door. It was so PINK. Dark and I shuddered simultaneously. You might be wondering why were still going in if we didn't like the shop. Well, the answer is really simple. WE WERE HUNGRY!!!!!! And I'd heard this was one of the best places in town. 

I reached for the handle of the door before the world shook. 

I was aware of screams and Dark falling. Then I found myself on the ground. I saw a huge hedgehog before everything faded to black.

___________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes shot open. I had no idea where I was. But I was pretty sure the world didn't look like... this.

I was floating in space. The sky was tinged red, with thorny vines twisting at the edge of my vision. I looked down at myself and gasped. I was in a red yukata with the same thorny vines that surrounded me. I continued 'admiring' my new outfit when I became aware that someone--or something was watching me. I looked up to see a brownish fox.

We stared at each other for a while. Then it turned around and ran off.

I reached out a hand to stop it, but it kept running. I sighed and pulled up the edge of my yukata. And then started chasing it.

 Wait up! I thought. As if it heard, the fox abruptly stopped. I skidded to a stop besides it, panting. It looked up at me expectantly.

What?! I thought. It motioned downwards with it's head. I crouched down, casting an unsure glance around me. The fox licked my hand, making me jump. It gave me a reproachful look.

Sorr-y! 

Fox nodded it's head in acceptance. Then it backed up slightly. I watched it in confusion. It ran at me and all I could do was watch it with wide eyes. When it got closer, it jumped. I closed my eyes in apprehension, but there was no impact. I open my eyes and saw the tip of the fox's tail disappearing into my wrist. I gaped at the spot where the fox had disappeared. I was so intent on that spot that I didn't notice the darkness closing in again.

_______________________________________________________________________