The Plan

"So, what are we going to do now?" Flapjack asked.
"What do you mean?" Clover asked, tilting her head in confusion.
"I mean like, we both have different owners who we assume don't know each other..." Flapjack tried to explain, but Clover still didn't get it.
"So, why don't we try to get them to meet?" The bee suggested.
"So like, we get Hunter and Willow to meet and become friends?" Flapjack was trying to understand.
The cardinal started to think of how that would work. 'But what if Hunter doesn't like Willow or doesn't want yo be friends with her? What if they end up hating each other? What if I'll never, ever get to see Clover again?'
Clover could tell her best friend was worrying about all the things that could go wrong from his expression. She tapped his back with her wing sympathetically.
"Don't worry Flap, it's all going to be ok! Hunter and Willow will definitely become friends, maybe even more than that!" Clover said.
"Oh my Titan Clove, stop shipping people together!" Flapjack responded and pushed his best friend playfully which made Clover burst out laughing.
"But just remember, it will be okay. We'll always be together no matter what, and even if the two don't end up being friend ls, we could still meet up some place like here!" Clover added reassuringly.
She was about to fly off just then but Flapjack pulled her back.
"Promise me, that you will try your hardest to make this work out, okay?" Flapjack said, holding onto one of Clover's tiny hands tightly.
"Don't worry, I promise!" Clover promised.
With that, Flapjack let go. Clover waved goodbye before flying off.
The little bee palismen flew all the way back to Willow's house. The window she had flown out to begin with was still open a bit so she squeezed through.
Willow, who at that time had been brushing her hair into plaits, noticed a little buzz and something resting on her window. She put on her glasses and saw her palismen.
"Hiya Clover, how was your little adventure?" Willow asked, delighted that she had now returned.
Because Clover knew her owner wouldn't be able to understand what she was saying, she just nodded her head happily. Willow smiled before continuing to plait her hair.
After a few minutes, Willow was finished with her hair and she looked in the mirror. She smiled but then she looked at her palismen who was sat on the bed.
"So, what do you think Clover?" Willow asked.
Clover nodded her head "Bbzzzzzz!!! (You look amazing!!!)"
Meanwhile, Flapjack had decided to wait a little longer at Hexside. He knew Hunter still wasn't coming back for a while so he decided he might as well stay a little longer.
All of the people who had watched the Grudgby game were gone now and the school was... empty. It was a nice feeling for Flapjack, not having to hear any noise.
Eventually, when he felt ready, the cardinal flew back to the Emperor's Castle. He knew exactly where Hunter's window was so he pecked at it.
For a second he thought that would be completely useless as he thought his owner wasn't back yet but then Hunter opened it up and stared at his palismen angrily.
Hunter let Flapjack sit on his bed before he began to shout, "Where have you been?!"
Flapjack was still a little confused as to why his owner was even back yet. All he could do was shrug his wings.
"I know I've been gone for a long time but you're been gone a long time too!!!" Hunter yelled, "I got home an hour ago!"
Flapjack head started to hurt. He didn't understand how he could miscalculate how long Hunter was going to be going for.
"Twee twee twee... (I'm really sorry...)" Flapjack apologised.
All Hunter felt he could do right now was sigh with relief, "Just don't scare me like that ever again, I was honestly so worried that maybe... the Emperor might have taken you..."
Poor, naive Flapjack tilted his head in confusion. He had no idea what Emperor Belos did to palismens but he knew it probably wasn't good...