"And how are you doing?", I asked him, "we haven't spoken in a while".

"You mean mentally", it wasn't a question, but I nodded regardless, "I'm doing good, still having days where I wanna curl up and not see anyone, but I'm okay". On instinct my gaze flickered down to the semicolon tattoo on his wrist, my throat bobbing at the personal knowledge that I had one of my own within the sleeve on my left arm, not that any of them were aware of it.

"I'll be proud of you until I take my dying breath", I told him, watching him stiffen slightly.

"Don't talk about you dying, I don't wanna even think about that", he scrunched up his face and sighed, "I'd rather die first".

"Don't say such a thing", I tutted, squeezing his shoulder, "and I'm going nowhere".

I wouldn't, not now and not ever.

"Good", he nodded, jaw clenching, "our lives are about to change, big time".

"And we'll be okay", I assured him, "we have each other, hm? That's all I need". He rested his head on my shoulder and I smiled, eternally grateful to have him next to me right now.

"Me too", he breathed out, "me fucking too".

~

Caleb and I returned inside after another ten minutes or so, and I began making yet another coffee- it probably wasn't good for my health, but it kept me happy...and apparently I was prioritising that nowadays.

"I genuinely think I'm gonna throw up", Xavier was over the sink heaving, his hands gripping it tightly as his eyes watered, "I need to bathe in bleach".

"It was a piece of egg, get over yourself", Alexander rolled his eyes, stuffing a mouthful of said eggs into his mouth, "it's not even gross".

"Not even gross?", his twin gasped, wiping his eyes and turning around, "are you the one who hates weird textures?". As if it dawned upon him that Xavier was not, in fact, exaggerating, Alexander stopped chewing and scratched his head sheepishly.

"My bad", was his version of a heartfelt apology, "I didn't think-,".

"You don't think, period", Xavier rolled his eyes and groaned over the sink one more time, "I'm going to the store". And with that, he hurried out of the room.

"For what?", Alexander shouted after him, mouth still full of food which made Chase grimace.

"A new twin brother!", he exclaimed, the door slamming a second later. Alexander rolled his eyes, continuing to eat as if nothing had ever happened, I just chuckled to myself and carried on making my coffee; they were crazy.

~~

It was a Monday afternoon, and I was on a mission.

I'd left my brothers either at home or doing whatever they were doing, I had something to do myself anyway. Pulling up at the Kingston residence had a multitude of emotions hitting me at once, memories flooding through my head instantly.

Me coming here the second Cairo died, coming here and learning Caleb had tried to take his life the night before, the monstrosity of a dinner we'd had here more recently.

This place carried just as many memories as my own house did.

I knocked on the door and took a small step back, feeling guilty that I hadn't come here in so long. It opened and I was met with a head of long blonde hair, wider blue eyes looking up to meet mine.

"Uh, hi Zane", Amelia cowered back slightly, and while I tried to look anything but intimidating, I was aware I gave off that energy regardless.

"Amelia", I smiled at her, hoping to put her at ease a little, "are your parents home?".