"Does that mean Omega too?" The look Rex gave me told me he didn't know who I was talking about. "Omega. She came here with them. She's a young girl, maybe twelve or thirteen. I thought they'd picked her up before the war ended."

"Rafa did tell me about a kid," Rex mused, "If she's with them, she could be in danger too. Those boys are walking landmines."

I leaned back, taking another long drink from my cup. "Cid sent them on a mission a while ago. They should be back any time now."

As if on cue, the door hissed open, and a weary looking Bad Batch stumbled in, Omega carrying a cage almost as big as she was. She set it down heavily on the cage, something inside letting out a loud screech of protest. Cid appeared from the back, pushing aside the curtains that covered the entrance. I got up as well with a quick word to Rex and settled the helmet back on my head, curious about the nature of their mission.

"We got Ruby!" Omega announced with a proud grin. The animal inside growled angrily, thumping about on the inside.

Cid bent down to peer into the cage, watching the animal Omega had called Ruby thrash about. "That is one strange-looking lizard."

"What does your client want it for?" Echo asked, glancing at the very angry creature rattling around in the cage.

"Maybe it's a pet.' Cid shrugged, picking up the stick she left on the bar and starting to walk away. "Maybe he wants to turn it into a stew. Don't know, don't care."

"As long as you get paid," Hunter stated flatly.

Cid didn't even pause. "Now you're catching on. And guess what? That means you get paid too. Bring the lizard in the back."

I rolled my eyes, glad Cid could not see my expression underneath the helmet. It was always about the money.

Echo glared at her retreating back, but walked over and picked up the cage, following after Cid with Tech behind him. Hunter made to go after them, his eyes landing on Rex in the back, half hidden behind Bolo and Ketch. They narrowed, watching him with suspicion.

"Hunter?" Omega's voice had him pausing and turning back to her. She nudged Wrecker, trying to prompt him into speaking.

"What are you two up to?" Hunter regarded them with a wary expression.

"The mission's over. Can we go?" Wrecker grinned bashfully.

"Again?" Hunter already sounded resigned.

"It's a tradition. It makes the kid happy." Wrecker lowered his voice to a mock whisper. As if buying Mantell Mix after every mission didn't make him happy too.

"Uh huh. The kid." Hunter sighed, throwing Wrecker a knowing look. "Don't take long."

"Ye-ah!" Wrecker high fived the kid, both of them hopping on the spot in excitement.

"Hi, Ashe." Omega waved to me as she ran out the door. I inclined my head slightly, in return, unable to maintain the stoic exterior with her. It was too easy to like her.

Hunter had followed the other two through to the back room now. I turned back to the end table, eager to finish my conversation with Rex, only to find that Bolo and Ketch had beaten me to it.

"Hey, you're in my seat! Move it!" Bolo stood over Rex, trying his best to seem intimidating. Rex raised his glass and took a sip, not responding to the Ithorian at all. I started to move closer, hoping Bolo wouldn't try and initiate anything he couldn't win.

"Oh, he's ignoring you." Ketch nudged him, trying to egg him on. He clearly wanted a fight.

"You hearing me? I said move it!" Bolo repeated himself, squaring up his shoulders in preparation for what was coming next.