Divide and Conquer Until There's Nothing Left!!...

Hey, Author here! It's been very long but to be fair I just started a full-time job and finishing up school. :,) Yes I am trying to make excuses for being so late and I am super sorry for that. Here is a chapter to make it up to all of my lovely and awesome readers. <3

~~~

He still looked the same as when I cowardly ditched him. The only difference was the shine of sweat and his mouth gasping for air. His only hand brushed through his salt and pepper hair as he looked around. I thanked the gods again for bringing him here as I yelled.

"Hugo! I'm over here!" His neck snapped at my voice. In an instant, he ran. When he was close enough I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by his hand on my shoulder.

"*Huff* Than' god ya safe. I hear' the ruckus an' though' of the worse! *Huff Huff* Jesus Miss! Look at yer face!" The stone-cold man who was willing to shoot me yesterday was now checking my black eye and tattered appearance. I felt some warmth in my chest as he rambled about beating the man who did it. A corner of my mouth turned up as I eased his worries.

"If you think this is bad then you gotta see the other guy," My head moved to the side where Kol was, "He gave me a hard time but that jackass is out cold," I tried to keep an even voice but there was still a bite. The very mention of said "Jackass" caused the concerned man to scrunch his brows. His neck snapped to the side and saw a beaten and bloodied Kol. He was taken aback as he let go of my shoulder.

"That's-"

"The very man I told you I'd bring. Sadly, he had a few tricks up his sleeve but I got his ass in the end," He took a moment to register everything before he nodded. It almost felt like he approved of it as he examined more of Kol's battered body.

"Ya did good Miss," Hell yeah I did! I suppressed my joy from his sudden approval as I remembered the issue at hand.

"Now I got three more to go -but right now we need to get these people out of here before things get uglier than that Jackass's face," While we were talking, the miners were closer than ever. Their chains rang like a somber song as they stepped towards us. They all began to speak up as they finally recognized Hugo.

"Mayor Hugo?"

"It can't be, I don' believe my eyes..."

"Is-is this real? Are you real?"

"Dad?" That single word stood out from the rest of the murmurs. My eyes found a tall man with black hair and light brown eyes. His kind eyes were darkened by bags. That was all I could tell since the grime covered every inch of him. My eyes went back to Hugo and saw the utter remorse and happiness of seeing his dear son-in-law.

"My God. Junpei- yer alive!" Hugo rushed to Junpei and he did the same. Though his chain restricted a lot of his movement, it didn't discourage his happiness to see someone he cared so much for. They clung to each other with tears in their eyes.

"Dad- I thought I'd never see any of you-no I knew- I just-"

"It' okay son. It' okay- I felt the same way for a long time... But it' differn' now," The tears left pale streaks on Junpei's dirty face.

"You were right- I was delusional even to think that that bastard was telling the truth! I should've stayed... Instead, I chased this ridiculous promise and left you all alone."

"Nonsense boy! Don' be blamin' yerself over that evil man's deeds!" He released Junpei to look at him, "I'm jus' glad yer alive..." He then looked around. His eyes lit up with every face he recognized. The tears on Harel's face flowed as he looked at all of them. Even the miners who looked like husks of their former selves were now given new life as they saw Harel.