26| Surprise Destination

It's been two days since The Night That Changed Everything. Two days since Ollie's boss came by the warehouse to check his work—which he was pleased with. I stayed in my room during the time he was here. But somehow I still ended up running into him when I went down to the kitchen an hour after he supposedly left.

I reached into the fridge to pull out some juice when a very heavily accented voice from behind me scared the shit out of me.

"You must me Ms. Lovette."

Spinning around, I dropped the juice. Thankfully it was a plastic container and didn't break. I bent down to retrieve it. "Um, yes, sir. That's me."

He definitely looked the part of a wealthy art investor/collector. If the gray Armani suit wasn't a dead giveaway then the Lamborghini I saw him pull up in from my bedroom window definitely was.

But he didn't give off any asshole vibes like most rich guys. At least, compared to the ones in Manhattan. When I used to work at a hotel in Times Square, I had to deal with a lot of men who were obscenely wealthy. Most of them were the type that acted like they walked on water and their shit didn't stink.

He extended his hand. "I'm Jean-Luc." Shaking his hand, I offered him a smile. "Ollie tells me that you have been enjoying the loft and your time here."

Boy was that an understatement. "Yes, very much so."

I was really curious about what Ollie said about me besides the fact that I liked living here. Did he tell him that Ollie and I knew each other from New York? Or did he tell him that every single night we

His boss interrupted my train of thought. "Did Ollie mention that he has an art show coming up in about two weeks?"

"Yes, he did. I know he's really looking forward to it."

"Oui. As am I, mademoiselle." He glanced over his shoulder and the direction of Ollie's bedroom before looking back at me. "I hope to see you there."

Well this was a little awkward. I had been hoping Ollie wanted to invite me as his date to the showing, but he hadn't asked me yet.

Unable to think of anything else to say, I nodded. "Yes, I would love to go."

Crap. Crap. Crap. What if Ollie wasn't comfortable with me going? Even if Ollie did want me to go, I didn't have a dress that was suitable for

"Splendid! And don't worry about a dress. A few days before the art show I will have one of my staff come and take you shopping for something to wear and to get your hair done. It will be on me, of course."

My mouth opened and closed repeatedly. "Uh, no that's not—"

His brows rose. "I insist."

Well, I wasn't going to argue with the man. "Um, thank you. I really appreciate that."

Now I just needed to figure out if Ollie even wanted me to be there...

Bringing my thoughts back to the present, I finished drinking the rest of my coffee as I glanced around for the blonde artist who's been occupying my thoughts a lot as of late. It was his idea to come here to La Rose De Baguette for breakfast this morning. Since he spent the last two days doing nothing but painting, he wanted today to be a surprise adventure day.

I didn't mind that he had to spend time working. Of course, I missed him in the daytime. But it wasn't like the one night where he asked me to sleep in my own bed. This time he insisted that I spend the evenings in his bed from sundown to sunup.