𝟏.𝟔

𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐙

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A week and a half had gone by without any sort of shennanigans. For Operation Bite Mark, this was a record.

Garnett and Warren were finally loved up, as were Mack and Addy. Doc had began to see 10K as a son, they were bonding quickly. Marnie and Cassandra became friends despite Marnie still blaming her for her sister being kidnapped. And Murphy was finally becoming part of the family.

No traps, no blowing anyone up, no tornadoes and somehow no losing Murphy. But all good things must come to an end, and end they did in Missouri.

For starters, Murphy had started looking and smelling more like a Z. His skin taking on a greyish blue tone, and seemingly beginning to decay. The smell could only be described as rancid. If course everyone had their theories, 10K's being that the vaccine wasn't working. Everyone shared the same concern; would he make it to California alive or human?

Hammond had given Garnett a map before he became Z dinner. An area named Province Town was circled, it was a supply point and would come in handy, supposedly it was run by a General that Garnett used to know. They hadn't eaten or had fresh water in two days. Marnie for one was starving.

So, Province Town it was.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The perimeter of the so-called 'town', looked pretty secure. It was surrounded by chainlink fences topped with razor wire and a guard station, to make sure everyone entering was infact human. A large sign stated no weapons were allowed inside. The thought made every single one of Operation Bite Mark uneasy.

Their guards were seemingly good at their job, asking Warren to turn the truck around and leave. Garnett stepped out, explaining to them he knew their leader; Major Williams.

Williams approached Garnett, and within a matter of seconds, agreed to let them in just so long as they left the truck outside and left their weapons at the gate.

Checking in their weapons was a quick process for most of them, Marnie handing over her sniper, beloved knife and handgun with a groan. The metal detector signalled she was fine, nothing concealed so she stepped aside. 10K on the other hand, took what seemed like forever giving everything over, including the chain he kept down his pants for reasons unknown.

They began a walking tour of Province Town.

Inside the compound was nice. It was open, and the fences made everyone feel okay. Not safe, just okay. At the bare minimum, they didn't need to worry about any Z's wandering in. Major Williams explained that two incidents led him to change the rules on weapons, no weapons allowed. Period.