𝟏.𝟑

𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Operation Bite-Mark had ended up driving towards Philidelphia. They were running low on everything again. The last food and water left being treated like rations.

Garnett was hoping to try contact Citezen Z again. Marnie had figured out that he must be working for the government but he must be far away from any people. He knew where they were, so he must have some high tech shit wherever he is. Tech Addy would kill for.

"Is that really the Liberty Bell?" Mack questioned as Warren slowed the truck to a stop.

"Yeah, that's it." Garnett confirmed reading the inscription.

"Three years of zombie apocalypse you think you've seen everything." Doc exclaimed.

"Well when everything weng bad, they probably tried to save a lil' history." Warren said, walking towards the truck. It had gas, meaning Marnie, 10K, Doc and Mack wouln't need to ride in the truck bed all the time anymore. It was safer and more secure transport for them. Mack reached for the jump cables hoping that this thing would start.

"God bless the human race." Exclaimed Doc, "99% of them dead. But there's still one jackass alive with a spray can."

Thank god for Doc. A little comic relief went a long way in their situation, he always got a laugh and a smile from Marnie. His little comments brightened up her days, this one no different as he looked back towards the girl who was grinning from ear to ear.

Warren opened up the truck door, a Z jumping towards her. Before anyone had a chance to do anything about it 10K drew his slingshot, hitting the Z square between the eyes. "1,075." The boy announced. "Good shot." Marnie complimented as Warren waved as a thank you to the boy.

The engine of the abandoned truck roared to life. Warren, Garnett and Murphy would ride in the new truck, everyone else in the old one.

Marnie climbed in the back seat, sinking into the seat. It had been a while since she had been on the inside of a truck. Doc and 10K, were in the front, leaving Cassandra, Mack, Addy and Marnie in the back. It was a tight fit, four people in three seats, but they made it work.

"We're not really going all the way to California with this Murphy guy, are we?" Cassandra broke the comfortable silence, they had all settled into.

"That's the plan." Doc replied simply.

"That's crazy." The woman hit back. "What's so special about him anyways?" She argued.