𝟏.𝟐

𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐙𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Marnie winced as the trucks slammed into the Z's on the road. The noise of them being squished turned her stomach, not to mention the smell.

Warren and Doc pulled over to the side of the road. "Well that was fun." Addy commented while Warren announced her truck had no gas. The same as ours.

"Looks like you got a flat." Warren told Doc, as he grabbed the tools to change the tire.

"Heads up, we got company." Mack had announced as to motorcycles came towards the group.

Marnie drew her pistol, ready for any trouble. But they simply sped off once they had cleared the two trucks.

Doc and Warren got to changing the tire while the others just watched. Upon removing the tire, they found the cause of the issue, a Z stuck in the wheel compartment.

Everyone gathered at the side of the road. "Even after all this, this is still beautiful." Warren muttered, looking into the distance over the city if New York. Marnie and Addy's home. She felt a pang of sadness in her heart for leaving the place, yet a hint of joy. Excited for whatever new adventures they'd be going on. She stood beside Addy, "Goodbye, New York." She spoke before turning and heading back to the truck.

"All right, time to get back on the road." Warren announced.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The group had found themselves in a junkyard. Cars piled high yet no gas in sight.

Marnie stayed with Addy watching her film a rotting corpse. "What? You on vacation?" Murphy asked the two.

"Someone has to keep record." Addy hit back.

Marnie agreed, "You know, we're probably the last generations of humans left on earth." She spoke sadly, thinking about everyone they'd lost.

"To us it's the apocalypse, to them it's the memories." Murphy chimed in, walking away from the sisters.

"You okay?" Addy whispered, breaking her sister out of her thoughts. "Yeah." She whispered back, flashing a smile as Mack appeared.

Marnie had spotted Doc and 10K in the corner of her vision. They were introducing themselves to each other.
"I'm already on 1,055." 10K had announced proudly, eyes fixed on the car infront of him trying to find any gas.