𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 '𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐞' 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐫 was above all survivor, she had to be, living in the apocalypse

It had all started at an ice hockey game. She and her sister, Addison 'Addy', had been attending. Addy was a bigger fan than Marnie, standing up whooping and cheering, making her sister laugh. It was the final game of the season and tension was high. So when a random man appeared, banging on the glass and growling at the players no one batted an eyelid, all assuming he was another drunk fan. That was until he started attacking people.

Less than five minutes later Marnie and Addy would be fighting for their lives alongside star player, Mack Thompson.

The three of them had fought hard, using everything and anything as a weapon, ice skates working the best. And the moment they all ran from that stadium, they knew nothing would ever be the same.

Marnie, Addy and Mack ran as fast as possible. Eventually bursting through the door of the sisters home, chests heaving with uneven breath. It was quiet, abnormally quiet, something was wrong. They both ran to their shared room, grabbing anything they thought would be useful, Mack raiding the kitchen. Until they heard movement in the basement.

"I'll go check it out, it might be mom." Addy had whispered to her sister and new friend. "Stay here." She ordered and the other two obeyed.

It was then when Addison Carver would discover their brother, Michael, bitten and bleeding out on the basement floor knife in hand. Their mother now what would be later known as a Z. Addy took the knife, from her brother, and attacked their mother. "Why won't you die?!" She screamed, over and over until her voice became raw and sore. She mercied her mom and brother that day.

Addy would emerge from the basement, covered in the blood of their mom, her life forever changed. She took one last look at the basement door, closing it over.

"Let's get outta here." She'd announce to Marnie and Mack as they picked up their bags.

This was the beginning of the end. But at the same time, the beginning of the best adventure of their lives.

 But at the same time, the beginning of the best adventure of their lives