𝟏.𝟓

𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐙𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐞

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Illinois was nothing exciting.

After arriving, Warren and Garnett decided it would be good for everyone to get some rest. Even if they didn't want to sleep it would be good to have some time off the road, not worrying about Murphy and the CDC. They had eventually chosen a small house, it had a beautiful flower patch outside and looked like it would have been a perfect family home pre-Z. It seemed like it belonged to the perfect 'All American' family, they'd have consisted of a mom, dad, a son and a daughter, and some sort of dog, most likely a golden retriever. At least that's what Marnie thought.

It was nice inside too, it hadn't been looted or anything, it was perfectly preserved set up like everything was still normal. And for once everything seemed normal too. Addy and Mack were out front on watch, but going off of the giggling they couldn't be watching much but each other. Garnett and Warren were drinking coffee in the kitchen, acting like a real couple which was nice, they needed it. Doc and Murphy had taken over the dinner table, playing card games and gambling with Doc's drugs. Marnie, 10K and Cassandra were in the living room. Marnie and Cassandra were both napping, one on an armchair and the other on the couch, 10K had found a magazine to keep himself busy. He'd occasionally rise from his chair to fix the blankets draped over his two sleeping friends, they had been told to sleep upstairs but neither wanted to be apart from the group.

Citizen Z had issued a tornado warning. The apocalypse was hard enough, they did not need the weather to turn against them like the world had.

Warren and Garnett took the next watch, reliving Addy and Mack to go and rest after staying up all night. The two headed off upstairs to do everything but sleep, all they cared about was being with each other.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Marnie woke with a jolt, bolting upright as the thunder rolled in, pulling her blanket closer despite it providing little to no warmth at this point. Looking around the living room she spotted Cassandra, still asleep and 10K sitting across from her. She wasn't usually scared of tornadoes, but with the added risk of zombies everywhere she was on edge.

"You okay?" The boy whispered, as to not wake up Cassandra.

"Fine." She replied, "That thunder just surprised me."

"You don't like it?" He questioned in response, sitting his magazine aside.

"No, it'll be drawing in Z's from everywhere." She felt comfortable expressing her fears to him, he held such a gentle aura to him and it helped her a lot.