"Alright," Hunter said before relaxing. "Let's get moving. We have a long day ahead of us."

【 ⌖ 】

Tech

The amphitheater was heavily occupied with pedestrians and civilians who moseyed around, taking their time with their business

The amphitheater was heavily occupied with pedestrians and civilians who moseyed around, taking their time with their business. Tech sniffed, already a bit disdainful at the present circumstances of being separated from his team and then with that added on top of the bustling crowd of people, it was horrendous. Tech was very much a loner and would rather not be in a crowd of people, especially ones he did not know or know of. In short, he felt out of place and loathed being away from the comfort of his brothers. And Rylann, he decided at the last minute to include the Jedi-in-training for she was very much becoming a part of his family as well.

"Wrecker, any sight on the Duchess or anyone matching the description of the Death Watch?" Tech asked his brother, chewing on the inside of his lip in thought. From his vantage point of a bench on the outskirts of the amphitheater's park, he saw nothing out of the ordinary of what he would expect of a normal, busy day at an outdoor recreational grounds.

"Nothin' yet," Wrecker's gruff voice grumbled over the commlink.

A muzker—the native reptilian pigeon—hopped over to where Tech was seated, its scaly tail brushing away the dry leaves on the pavement. "Hello, muzkeri reptilius eptus," Tech stated, using the creature's scientific name, inwardly puffing his chest in pride of remembrance. He hadn't studied the animals of Mandalore since he was a cadet. The homeworld of his donor had intrigued him at first, but then had only dampened his mood because Tech knew deep down that the probability of him ever visiting the planet and seeing the wildlife was at a low percentage. Except here he was now, on the very same planet, examining a muzker with his own eyes.

The muzker didn't respond, only hopping away with his tongue flicking in and out of its beaked mouth. Suddenly, the bird froze, flapping its scaly and feathered wings before casting off into the sky, its brethren flying off after it.

Intriguing, Tech thought to himself, clearly recalling that muzkers could smell danger before it happened. Something about the frequencies of someone's emotions.

Standing to his feet, Tech was ready to unclip his cloak that was hiding his armor and pull out his helmet from his pack, but something in his gut urged him to watch and wait.

He noted that there was a crowd growing around the amphitheater which sent urgency rushing through his veins. He clicked his commlink on from his arm brace. "What is going on at the amphitheater, Wrecker?" He hissed out, worrying if his brother was out of commission which would explain the lack of communication.

"I dunno," Wrecker's voice crackled in Tech's ear. "Looks like a fancy blonde chick is talking to some people in the seats."

Tech pinched the bridge of his nose. "You mean Duchess Satine?"

"Uh, maybe," Wrecker added, and there was a rustling over the link. Tech could hear Wrecker asking someone "who is that?" to which the said person responded, "the duchess, Satine."

Tech groaned at the lack of subtlety his brother possessed in remaining discreet and undercover. "Wrecker..."

"Yup, the chick is the Duchess!" Wrecker laughed loudly, the frequency shrieking in Tech's ear.

"Well, move in, I'll meet you there," Tech stated, speeding up his walk towards the amphitheater.

Tech turned on a switch on his goggles to detect weapons or items of high-energy sources, gradually flipping through each energy-type-detection system he installed. He didn't spot any blaster radiation so he switched to the energy field detection. None of that either. Lastly, he checked the explosive detector for high density and high energy readings. Behind the Duchess, there was an anomaly that had a growing energy field. A bomb.

"Wrecker, there's a bomb on the pillar behind the Duchess!" Tech yelled through the commlink, trying to rush over there without drawing attention to himself. "Can you disable it?"

"Is that even a question?" Wrecker asked jokingly. "Of course I can!"

From afar, Tech spotted Wrecker making his way behind the pillar, somehow sneaking his ginormous self around the Duchess's security team. Tech noted the energy field of the bomb was growing at an exponential rate. "Wrecker, if you don't get out of there soon, it'll be too late to save yourself."

"I'm okay, Tech," Wrecker grumbled. "Almost got it."

Suddenly, the energy field stalled and then rose and burst. A bright light blinded Tech even with his goggles on, and there was a ringing in his ears. His commlink fizzled out and his feed on his goggles went static.

The crowd screamed and the security team escorted the Duchess off the stage and towards the street where Hunter and Cody were waiting. Tech was surprised at the lack of damage to the pillar of the amphitheater. There was only a bit of smoke and embers rising to the sky.

"Wrecker are you alright?" Tech asked, heart rising to his throat. No answer. "Hunter and Cody, the Duchess is headed your way!" No reply.

Then it hit Tech. It was a tech detonator. They wouldn't be able to use their computers to communicate, calculate, or anything. This wasn't an attack... It was a diversion. Tech was certain that there was a trap waiting for his brothers and team, and he couldn't do a thing to warn them.