Chapter 2. Old Flame

4 years ago

"Why yuh nuh listen when mi talk to yuh likkle girl?" Came his voice that was heavy with annoyance

"Hear mi daddy" I rolled my eyes and kissed my teeth at him while still walking towards the cafeteria.
Imagine me hungry and him mek mi stand up a wait pan him fi finish whatever him did a do in a him class, mi get fed up and just leff, mi hangry him lucky if him waah vex.

"Attara don't get pan mi nerves bredda, mi ask yuh fi wait fi a reason" 

"Which reason yuh coulda possibly have that make it ok fi mi stay desso and starve to death Dey, look how long lunch bell ring and anyhow mi nuh get fi buy lunch me and yuh ago fight"

He sighed taking my hand in his and entwining our fingers

"Alright b sorry a because mi did a finish a project fi TD wah did overdue so mi did haffi finish it and hand it in same time.

I just shook my head at him. Always tell him fi stop idle and get the work dem in on time. Almost nearing the cafeteria I spotted my friends sitting at one of the lunch benches talking and laughing, they spotted me and they one names Tamoya looked at me and rolled her eyes so I rolled back mine, fi some reason them ever have the most fi say about me about me and O' Deyne, well me in general to mi face and behind mi back.

"Mi caah stand them, faker than the bag dem wah dem carry" he spat noticing the exchange. One thing with him eno him observant yf.

I lightly slapped his arm while trying not to laugh
"Why yuh stay so likkle bwoy?"

"How mi stay? Mi tell yuh fi leave them alone eno, yuh nuh need friends like dem deh, dem have the most fi seh bout yuh and a nuh nth nice, dem badmind yuh fuck, every thing yuh do, say or wear them chat bout, wah kinda style that and dem say them a yuh friend? B yuh nuh suh naive fi nuh see that"

I just sighed heavily, I know he's right, it's just that making friends is a lot harder for me, I'm not a social person, ion like talking to people like that, I'll have acquaintances but friends those are minimal.

Him being the social butterfly between us have it easier than I do like now for instance he's asking someone he knows in the lunch line to buy our lunches.

A noisy group of boys walked into the cafeteria

A very familiar group

Kmt if a neva them sumn wrong

His group of friends that just like him with my friends I can't stand some of them. They're loud and obnoxious and bad influences on each other.

"Up mi g! You and your one b a par today!?" The one called Chris exclaimed loudly catching the attention of everyone in the cafeteria

Kmt one person can big a disgusting suh.

"Yow bredda easy nuh" Dey snickered after seeing the look on my face.

The guy he asked to purchase the food arrived with our lunches and he took them from him

"Tanks mi g" he handed him $150

"Ah mi don" the guy replied with an appreciative smile before leaving.

We left the cafeteria not long after and headed to the benches to eat before the class bell rings.

15 minutes later....

We finished right on time, the ball rang and it was time to head back to class.

We walked hand in hand until we reached the corridor that lead to the social studies, geo and history block