Epilogue

By tradition, the wedding ceremony and reception were both held at Jimin's grandfather's mansion

By tradition, the wedding ceremony and reception were both held at Jimin's grandfather's mansion. Seo Joon organized Jimin's wedding himself. At Jimin's request, the wedding was very small and modest, but nevertheless everything was rich.

Seo Joon held Jimin's hand and spoke to her many times as if she was his daughter.

He said, "I will always be a reliable family home for you. You must live in abundance, Jimin. May God's blessings be with you always."

Seo Joon kissed Jimin's forehead. He was much older than the father she remembered, but she suddenly felt as if she saw her father through that wrinkled face.

Jimin did not cry on her wedding day. Instead, she smiled brightly. It was a smile that was as refreshing as the sunlight on her head. Throughout the wedding ceremony, Jimin laughed, and she seemed to be having more fun than anyone else at the reception. Taehyung, however, looked a little frozen.

After the wedding and reception, the bride and groom headed to the Count's castle for their wedding night.

The servants and maids of honor moved diligently to set up the chamber of their masters. The flowers were changed to fresh and gorgeous ones to welcome the hostess, and all the furniture in the room was changed to suit the bride. After making all the preparations, the servants waited for the new master's wife to arrive.

The sound of horseshoes beating on the floor rang out, and when the carriage stopped, the lady-in-waiting approached.

"Lady, you can't take off the veil or talk."

Thus Jimin did not answer, but nodded. Then the lady-in-waiting took Jimin around the castle, explaining here and there in detail. Jimin knew the castle like the back of her hand, so it was strange to be guided as if she was a stranger.

The last place the maid stopped was a special room for the bride and groom.

"......and this is where you're going to spend the night."

Jimin walked into the room, the door closed, and the maid retreated.

She sat on the bed and began to look around the room. The faint, sweet, mysterious scent, the dim light, all of it were prepared for today.

Jimin blushed for no reason as she remembered the words 'first night'. She had physical contact with him many times, but today she felt especially nervous.

Jimin lay down on the bed to relieve the tension. Then, she raised herself up again, worried that her hair would look messy.

"When is he coming?"

How long did she wait?

Click.

Then she heard the door open and saw a tall man walk in. She couldn't see properly because of the veil that blocked her view, but she could hear his footsteps more and more clearly.