Chapter 21

With Taehyung's order, less household chores were assigned, but Jimin was always busy moving. As if the attention and leeway given to her wasn't enough, she sometimes looked for other tasks to do when she was not serving her master.

Today, as she was wiping the dust from the window sill while Taehyung was out of the room, she heard a voice calling her.

"Jimin! Are you busy?"

Hoseokie stood, looking brighter than usual.

"I'm not busy."

"You're not?"

Hoseokie smiled and whispered quietly as she clapped her hands together.

"Then can I talk to you for a second? I have something to say."

Jimin looked around surreptitiously to see if there was anyone around, then nodded. It wasn't something she had to finish in a hurry, so she figured it would be okay to resume the dusting later.

"Isn't the garden beautiful?"

They went out to the garden. Hoseokie looked at the flowers that bloomed in places with wistful eyes, as if this garden belonged to her.

Indeed, the garden of this castle was beautiful. It was the garden that made the majestic but rather dull-looking castle seem so much prettier. The gorgeous blooming flowers and neatly landscaped garden wrapped up the atmosphere of the castle elegantly and gracefully, just like her blunt master.

"I keep thinking every time I see this garden."

"What do you think about?"

Hoseokie chuckled and continued.

"About marriage."

"Why are you talking about marriage all of a sudden?"

"I'm getting married. To Namjoon."

As Hoseokie stopped walking, Namjoon was seen just a few feet away.

"Hoseokie, you're here."

Hoseokie ran over and hugged Namjoon. Jimin looked at them alternately with surprise and covered her mouth with both hands.

"Oh my God, you're getting married?"

Jimin knew Hoseokie had a crush on Namjoon, but she had no idea that they would actually marry.

Looking at the two of them side by side, Jimin thought they looked good together. Hoseokie was smiling like a child before going on a picnic, and Namjoon was looking at Hoseokie with serious eyes.

"I wanted to be the first to tell you."

"Why are you telling me this now? It's such good news!"

"Why? Because I'd be embarrassed if it didn't work out."

Hoseokie scratched her neck in embarrassment. Then, as she remembered just now, she changed the subject.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you. Namjoon, this is my friend, Jimin. You know her, don't you?"

"Of course."

"I'm Park Jimin."

There were many personnel working in the castle. But almost all of them knew about Jimin. The rumor that she was a servant who slept with her master had spread secretly.

"I've heard a lot about you from Hoseokie. I'm Kim Namjoon."

Usually, slaves don't have last names. Their presence in the castle meant that they were originally commoners, like Jimin. It seemed that Namjoon had a story too.