Chapter 30

"Is this enough for one night?"

Jimin pulled out five coins from her pocket. After spending the day at her aunt Julia's house, Jimin moved diligently without further delay.

It took her more time than expected to get to the end of this vast empire. She was told that there was a ship that would leave for another kingdom, so she only had to walk two more days to get to it.

"Is this all you got?"

"Yes. I don't have a lot of money right now."

"I only have one room, and it's kind of small. Are you okay, miss?

"Yes, I'm fine."

The innkeeper was blunt as he stared at Jimin's cloaked face, but Jimin nodded brightly. The boat fare was more expensive than she had expected, and she needed some money to live in her new place. She had some money that the head maid had forced her to take, plus some money that Julia had given her, but she had to save as much as possible.

The innkeeper gave a room at the end of the inn to Jimin.

"Thank you."

Jimin nodded, but she didn't hear the greeting from the innkeeper as he turned away. Jimin looked at his back briefly and closed the door.

"...... It's really small."

It was a blessing in disguise that this was the only inn in the area, and that there were still rooms available.

Jimin lay down on the small bed first. It creaked and squeaked. It was certainly more inconvenient and difficult than when she was in the castle. The work was hard even then, but at least she was guaranteed food and a nice place to sleep.

Considering that there were quite a few masters who think of their slaves as toys and take it out on them, breaking and whipping them as they please, it was actually not so bad to be under her master.

But it was hard to be around him.

There was a new life waiting for her in a new place. Jimin smiled as she tried to get a grip on her feelings.

"...Oh, I'll need to walk all day tomorrow. Still, I'll feel a little better once I'm on the boat."

Let's start fresh with a cool sea breeze.

Jimin lay in bed, watching the rain pouring down outside the window. It was not yet dark, but the rain was getting heavier and she had no choice but to go to the inn early today. Perhaps it was because she had walked for so long, she felt a throbbing pain all over her body, as if she had been beaten up.

She yawned and closed her eyes, Taehyung's face vaguely appearing in her mind.

"What is he doing? Is he looking for me, or is he looking for a new woman?"

Her mind wavered and she had no idea what Taehyung would be doing.

Like that, Jimin fell asleep in a sullen mood.

And as the dusk began to fall, a knock was heard on the door.

"...... young lady, open the door."

The voice calling outside the door woke Jimin. Rubbing her sleepy eyes, she opened the door and saw the blunt face of the innkeeper.

"Why, sir?"

"I've got someone who needs a room in a hurry, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"What? What do you mean?"

"He gave me four times more money than yours. I don't have much choice, do I?"