Eternity, By Shadowfacs

The cistern contains, the fountain overflows. - William Blake.

Gentle sunlight filtered through the bedroom as Uri Thornafield stirred to life. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, he felt great. In fact, he felt phenomenal – the growing sickness that had plagued him up until the night before had vanished. A surge of energy replaced the fatigue that had been weighing him down the last few days.

Cautiously, Uri swung his legs over the edge of the bed, anticipating the nausea, but it didn't return. A cautious step forward and he was began to trust that the brutal flu might be gone.

He made his way down the hallway to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. In the kitchen to his wife, Luna, poured him a cup.

She illuminated the room, she was strikingly beautiful, even first thing in the morning. She turned to face him, her expression warm and inviting.

"Uri, you're up! How are you feeling?" Luna's voice was enthusiastic for the hour.

"Luna, I feel incredible. The flu seems completely gone."

"That is wonderful, Uri!"

As she handed him a steaming cup, her fingers gently brushing against his as she did.

The change in Luna was profound. Gone was the irritation and frustration he had grown accustomed to the last few years. The demands of his career had taken a toll on his marriage. Instead, her eyes sparkled with genuine happiness.

Luna had been so distant lately, their once vibrant connection strained by his long hours at the lab. She had blamed him for getting sick, accused him of neglecting his health in pursuit of his work. And yet, here she was happily serving him coffee.

"Are you feeling well enough to go to work, Honey?" her voice encouraging.

"I know it has been hard lately," feeling guarded, "but we are so close to a breakthrough. I really should go in."

"Of course, dear," Luna replied sincerely, "Maybe we could go out for dinner tonight, if you feel up to it."

Uri marveled at the transformation. She had never seemed to appreciate his hard work, but Luna's once palpable anger and impatience had been replaced by warmth and support. He wanted to ask, to understand what had changed, literally overnight, but hesitated. The memory of their conflicts lingered in his mind, and he didn't want to dredge up grievances that may be fading into the background.

Instead, Uri decided to embrace the moment. He finished his coffee, savoring the remarkable flavor, and then readied for work. Luna remained by his side, offering words of encouragement and small gestures of affection.

Luna handed him his coat and briefcase with a tender smile. "Good luck today, Uri. I believe in you," she said, with unwavering support.

Uri looked into Luna's eyes. He had so many questions, but rather than risk asking, he leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. Luna turned her face, her lips meeting his own, for a deep passionate kiss.

Cupping his face in her hands, Luna whispered, "Hurry home."

The grounds surrounding the EterniMind Solutions compound were meticulously landscaped, emerald-green grass stretching in every direction. The sleek, modern architecture of the sprawling complex stood boldly against the horizon.

Uri was excited to get back to work and anxious to be briefed on what he had missed by being out sick the last few days. He and his team were very close to bringing to market a technological breakthrough that world change the world.

As Uri approached the main building he was captivated by the grandeur of the high-tech facility. He had been here countless times, but he only now fully realized how incredible the place was. Today everything seemed brighter and cleaner than before. The air felt fresher, and the sun shone brighter.