Chapter - 8, A trip to Panji

Chirag was good at driving so almost every time, we took advantage of his craze for driving. He was happy to drive, and distance never mattered to him. The moment our car passed the gates of the lodge, a sports version of a Fortuner SUV entered. We noticed the massive car but not those who were sitting inside it. It was Sahana and her fiancé. Archana and Karunya, two friends of Sahana, were also accompanying them.

Satwik called me over the phone and informed me about their arrival; I had nothing to say in return. But, I had one question about Sahana, and it was because of her fiancé.

Karunya had informed me about Sahana getting engaged to Pratham, a businessman who worked in K.B in the textile industry. She also had told me that he was handsome enough and suited Sahana. After hearing her words, I was disappointed, but I had no other option but to accept the fact and move forward.

From what I knew, Sahana wasn't the kind of girl who would travel with her fiancé before their wedding on a trip; it looked a little suspicious to me. But, I didn't have any right now to ask her about it; she was neither my love nor a friend. I controlled my emotions and started speaking to Chirag. "So, I think we can be back in 3 hours," I said.

"Probably no," Chirag told me.

"Why? It's a half an hour journey from here. We will speak to Adyapak for 1 hour and will leave the place at the earliest."

"No, we will visit Basilica of Bom, and then we will leave."

"What? This is not a part of the plan," I said

"The plan has changed. Anyway, since we are going to Panaji, let's visit the Basilica of Bom," he said, and he was confident enough that he wouldn't budge from his plan irrespective of whatever I said to try and convince him. He would visit the place for sure, and I would have to follow him.