Ch.3: Another Movie Night?

Cassidy's P.O.V:

Luckily nobody mentioned anything about me storming off(no pun intended), but I could feel the question creeping up on me as me and Daisy inched closer to my car.

We both quickly shut the door at the same time as to not let the rain in and buckled our belts in place. As suspected, right when my key begins to turn she asks, "Are you okay Cass, what happened back at the hallway this morning?" I close my eyes for a moment in preparation/anxiety and pulled the shift before backing out.

Still waiting on my answer she gently placed her hand on my arm. "Cass, please tell me what's up. You know you can tell me everything, it's always been that way." she said making me twitch for a second in disgust of myself. "Yeah, even while I was lying to you all that time about my true feelings." I said not being able to look toward her at all. Not another moment passes before she says, "Yes, even then. You've always been able to tell me everything no matter what it was. I would have never stopped being friends with you, I mean just look at me and your mom? I feel bad enough as it is, you have no reason for feeling bad about liking me in the same way I like her. There's no fighting what your heart wants."

I keep my eyes locked on the road in shock at her speech, as well as concern for crashing.

"I.. well I don't... you always know how to flip it you weasel." I say beginning to finally smile again since this morning. She laughs, which causes me to join, and it went on from there.

Luckily we weren't giddy enough to crash, and we arrived home in one happy piece again. I'm about to leave my car and go to my house with her, but she grabs my arm again. "Hey, could we just go to my place tonight? It's been too long since we've hung out in my room." she said as I stared back at her ever genuine eyes. "Sure, let's go."

We both hop out of the car and dash for her door. She yanks her keys from her jacket pocket before landing one gracefully into its designed resting place, turning it to allow us access and shelter from the cold.

Our slightly dripping bodies litter the floor with brief wetness, before we run up to my bathroom to rid ourselves of our overly wet attire.

We made it to the bathroom and throw our jackets over the shower curtain. "Gosh, it's way too rainy Cass. This keeps scaring me." She says looking at me with a slight twinge of fear visible in her eyes. "Then we shouldn't think about it, bed." I say gently shoving her out the bathroom door and through her bedroom one. I gave her one last harder shove onto the bed before falling in with her in agony. "I give up on this day."

"Same" she simply responded before turning to face me.

"I didn't forget, you may have thought I did but no. What's going on with you babes? You gotta tell the truth." I flinch at the word 'truth' and swallow the pit in my throat.

"I don't wanna lose Wendy after just losing you." I immediately regret saying after it's already been muttered.

"Cassidy, you're never losing me first of all. Second you aren't gonna lose her just because you've convinced yourself you will, just give it a chance and I'm sure it'll work out." She lays out, making me feel good and bad all at once. If only she knew the full truth to it. "Thanks" I shrug with a lightly blushed smile and snuggle down into the comfortable sheets.

"I've missed these sheets, they're way too soft girl." I say with a wider smile causing her to follow suit.

"I miss having you in them, in a totally not weird way y'know." She says jokingly and I wink back. I love being able to joke with her about it without it actually feeling weird. As much as I had liked her, I really have no problem with her dating my mom. The only fears I have rely on me and my own idiocy.